Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2011, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Wow! those Ip Man films look great. Will have to keep my eye out for them at a good price. The first one is only £6.99 on BD online, not bad at all.
Try to get the two together if you can and you can watch them one after the other, they way they should be seen. I've done it and they make a great double bill, the story flows seemlessly from the first to the second.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
Try to get the two together if you can and you can watch them one after the other, they way they should be seen. I've done it and they make a great double bill, the story flows seemlessly from the first to the second.
Will do my friend, will do. I just need the pennies now to buy them
With so many Arrow releases and the new Shameless Blu-rays coming out I'm limited to buy any other DVD's and Blu-rays.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Absolutely terrific movie. I actually saw this without having seen the first one, due to being sent a copy, although I have since picked up the first one.

Old 6th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I liked the IP MAN films. They have a retro feel to them akin to the early 90s stuff which was coming out of Hong Kong studios. No flashy CGI or anything just good old martial arts mayhem and heroics.

Speaking of which, I watched LEGEND OF FONG SAI YUK on (Jet Li, 1993) blu ray earlier and its really the most amazing mix of comedy and martial arts I've ever seen. Its a fantastic film and probably Jet Li's best (the sequel is also great and deserves a BD release!), although I guess you could argue that may be the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA trilogy.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 13th November 2011, 10:30 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
I liked the IP MAN films. They have a retro feel to them akin to the early 90s stuff which was coming out of Hong Kong studios. No flashy CGI or anything just good old martial arts mayhem and heroics.

Speaking of which, I watched LEGEND OF FONG SAI YUK on (Jet Li, 1993) blu ray earlier and its really the most amazing mix of comedy and martial arts I've ever seen. Its a fantastic film and probably Jet Li's best (the sequel is also great and deserves a BD release!), although I guess you could argue that may be the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA trilogy.
I've caught all of the first IM along with some scenes from the sequel and i like what i see so far. Well made and wonderfully choreographed as always. I'm still in the market to watch Ip Man: The Legend Is Born but i can't imagine this offering cutting the Mustard quite as good without Donnie Yen playing the relevant Wing Chun impresario.

Yours truly used to enjoy Li's early '90s outings way back when but can't get away with 'em now due to the overdone wirework and undercranked action. Simply too falsified for me i'm afraid.

Like this? Share it using the links below!