Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2009, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I know i said i wasn't going to buy it but i think i will now!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st August 2009, 12:08 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

That's very nice to hear - what tempts you with this Mr Loops?
Old 21st August 2009, 12:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

All three versions together plus the extras.

Old 21st August 2009, 12:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Up until now I've held off buying a Blu-ray player - but this is one title that's making me look again. Think I'll be picking up a player, as I want this (and the forthcoming BU Blu-ray of New York Ripper). Blu-ray here I come...now all I have to do is justify the purchase to the missus (no mean feat, I can tell you!).

I'll also probably have to raise funds, as I'm broke after shelling out for a new washing machine and fridge-freezer - both went kaput in the same week. And a Blu-ray player won't store food or wash my laundry (something Sony should look into! ).
Old 21st August 2009, 12:14 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I think the quality of the extras is great - Marc Morris came up with the brilliant suggestion of Scream Greats and he's working on the vault so should be nice!
Old 21st August 2009, 12:16 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Up until now I've held off buying a Blu-ray player - but this is one title that's making me look again. Think I'll be picking up a player, as I want this (and the forthcoming BU Blu-ray of New York Ripper). Blu-ray here I come...now all I have to do is justify the purchase to the missus (no mean feat, I can tell you!).

I'll also probably have to raise funds, as I'm broke after shelling out for a new washing machine and fridge-freezer - both went kaput in the same week. And a Blu-ray player won't store food or wash my laundry (something Sony should look into! ).
So weird - my finger was hovering over the order button for Escape From New York Blu-ray just now... My missus is highly disinterested in technology and was bending my ear about this Blu-ray nonsense... until she saw the picture - there could be hope for you!
Old 21st August 2009, 12:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

The extras line up sounds great and this title is definitely gonna be an essential purchase for me!

Not too bothered about the Argento cut not being in HD it's just nice to have it available in the U.K. altogether and i just know Arrow have got a winner on their hands with this release!

Well done to all involved on making such a sterling effort and no doubt it's appreciated by all of us fans here. Nice job, folks!
Old 21st August 2009, 12:36 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
So weird - my finger was hovering over the order button for Escape From New York Blu-ray just now...
I would'nt bother, the release of this (along with most of Optimum's Blu Ray releases) is crap. It's a shame as it's one of my favourite films.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Darn - it's so nice and cheap as well. Ah well - I'll just mod myself to get back on topic!

Glad you like the line-up Splatterdragon and I know Arrow will appreciate your comments - they've really pushed and pushed and opened up the old wallet to get the versions and extras together - add to that a lot of it is from different sources with contracts needed etc it has at times looked like a lot of it wouldn't come together in time. Alex and Sarah over at Arrow deserve a real pat on the back I'd say.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Argento cut is weird, its a tottaly different film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!