All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2010, 05:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've emailed the BBFC expressing my disdain and asking how they can justify it.
Good luck - I urge everyone else to do the same, if enough of us write - nicely and politely - maybe we can explain how futile these cuts are (especially with Deep Red on the horizon and the nanosecond of the lizard, which - in light of them passing the decapitated snake in Bloody Moon - is inexcusible to remove in my opinion)
Old 25th May 2010, 05:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

They also passed some of the animal scenes in Last Cannibal World.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 25th May 2010, 05:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

They also let Dario have a lizard eat a purdy butterfly in Trauma. Tsk tsk.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 05:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Good luck - I urge everyone else to do the same, if enough of us write - nicely and politely - maybe we can explain how futile these cuts are (especially with Deep Red on the horizon and the nanosecond of the lizard, which - in light of them passing the decapitated snake in Bloody Moon - is inexcusible to remove in my opinion)
I'm not defending the silly bastards but invertebrates aren't covered by the law, so that's why that scene was passed.

May be we should all send them in photos of our cats eating mice, to show how the general population aren't 'deeply disturbed' or 'psychologically affected' by these completely natural scenes.

I mean, for ****'s sake you see more animal violence on The Discovery Channel.

Last edited by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs; 25th May 2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 25th May 2010, 05:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I'm not defending the silly bastards but invetebrates aren't covered by the law, so that's why that scene was passed.
They did cut snake cruelty from 99 Women and Race With the Devil.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 25th May 2010, 05:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

There's a bit of a negative reaction to this news over at the Cult Movie Forums, unfortunately. I knew this would happen. If anyone's a member there they might want to post on the thread, I'm not so I won't be.

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=17302

Looks like the Wilsons aren't going for this title then. Shame, as I'd have loved to have read their review.
Old 25th May 2010, 05:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
They did cut snake cruelty from 99 Women and Race With the Devil.
But left it in Friday the 13th. The BBFC are all over the shop with this 'policy'.
Old 25th May 2010, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
But left it in Friday the 13th. The BBFC are all over the shop with this 'policy'.
Probably the big swinging d*ck of the Warner Brothers waived their decision in this case!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 25th May 2010, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
There's a bit of a negative reaction to this news over at the Cult Movie Forums, unfortunately. I knew this would happen. If anyone's a member there they might want to post on the thread, I'm not so I won't be.

http://www.cultmovieforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=17302

Looks like the Wilsons aren't going for this title then. Shame, as I'd have loved to have read their review.
Whilst I sympathise, I think the cat-mouse can be removed without any effect to the film whatsoever. I'm not defending the cut (obviously) but I never noticed the (brief) cuts to tripping horses in The Good, The Bad and the Weird (totalling five seconds) - and nor did I, or do I, want a foreign Blu of it just for these five seconds.

Honestly, Inferno-wise - I doubt this minor cut will bother anyone unless they really want to be bothered by it.

Just my two cents though.
Old 25th May 2010, 05:30 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'll tell you what's infuriating me the most - it's the fact the UK is receiving some great premieres on Blu-ray and the BBFC are determined to **** it all up with their ridiculous 'policies'. I've read that the original I Spit On Your Grave has been re-submitted and a Blu-ray is pending - but the BBFC will once again hack it to pieces rendering it a worthless purchase. These films are a chance for UK companies to get ahead in the global market but they're hamstrung repeatedly by the BBFC.

Yes, the BBFC have come a long way. But not far enough, if you ask me. I mean, they 'consult' with all kinds of people before deeming certain things/films acceptable for public viewing. I'm reading a book by Richard Laymon at the moment which takes in rape and all manner of sexual violence, violence, gore, perversion - you name it. So how many 'consultants' does a publisher have to check with before deeming the book suitable for mass consumption? No-one. And anyone, of any age, can buy/hire this book and read it. Books can equally inspire crazed minds as any film. Who do the BBFC think they're trying to kid? They're not 'protecting' anybody. For some reason visual entertainment is considered more dangerous than any other media. What utter bollocks. Time it was scrapped and we simply had a classification body which could only refuse films that clearly contained illegal activity. I don't think a cat eating a mouse falls into the category of illegal activity. If it does, sue the cat.

Like this? Share it using the links below!