Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a really special goody for "The Beyond" would be the option of choice between the color- or the sepia-opening, which was offered one some of the German/Austrian DVD releases of the film, but would be (as far as I know) a first for the English language territory.
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a really special goody for "The Beyond" would be the option of choice between the color- or the sepia-opening, which was offered one some of the German/Austrian DVD releases of the film, but would be (as far as I know) a first for the English language territory.
I think it's actually on the grindhouse release mate!
Old 3rd July 2010, 07:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yup, on both Grindhouse dvds.
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.
Still I hope that "Arrow" could offer that option, because- as stylish as the sepia-version looks- the color-opening really rocks
I consider it as essential an extra to the movie as the Warbeck/MacColl audio commentary.
Old 4th July 2010, 10:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I dont think the original TB has a current UK release from anyone.
I saw a DVD of The Bogeyman for sale in HMV yesterday.

This release had the same cover as Vipco's pre-cert tape but beware i believe this SD version is one of those lousy cheap and cheerless VHS transfer jobs. Think twice before you buy i reckon and personally i'd probably give Ulli Lommel's 'murderous mirror' effort a miss on DVD.
The same goes for The Slayer imo.

Ideally, i'd buy both DVD and BR editions of The Beyond. Having both releases available ensures both the SD supporters and HD crowd are catered for. Personally, it's irrelevant to me which format Fulci's grand goth gorefest arrives on as i'll have whichever variant Arrow deliver. For me the main thing is the film is gracing our shelves again in a British version actually worth owning this time around!
Old 4th July 2010, 12:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I saw a DVD of The Bogeyman for sale in HMV yesterday.

This release had the same cover as Vipco's pre-cert tape but beware i believe this SD version is one of those lousy cheap and cheerless VHS transfer jobs.

Ideally, i'd buy both DVD and BR editions of The Beyond. Having both releases available ensures both the SD supporters and HD crowd are catered for. Personally, it's irrelevant to me which format Fulci's grand goth gorefest arrives on as i'll have whichever variant Arrow deliver. For me the main thing is the film is gracing our shelves again in a British version actually worth owning this time around!
* Well said mate.
I like to own at least 2 versions of most films so i'd have bought both as well but 2 dvd sets works for me just as good. One for my Fulci shelf and one for my 'nasties' shelf.

I think i'll pass on The Bogeyman then Dragon . Pity about The Slayer as well as thats a good wee film. It deserves better than the current BT release.
Old 4th July 2010, 01:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
Good to know. Thanks for clearing that up.
Still I hope that "Arrow" could offer that option, because- as stylish as the sepia-version looks- the color-opening really rocks
I consider it as essential an extra to the movie as the Warbeck/MacColl audio commentary.
That is a great commentary track but please remember that the whole intention of doing The Beyond is to do something with 100% unique extras from what people have had before and, hopefully, deliver a must-have edition for the UK market!
Old 4th July 2010, 01:09 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I wouldn't exactly be disappointed if Arrow included the Warbeck/MacColl commentary track, but I would like something that was not on the Grindhouse Releasing version so the whole thing contained completely new extra features.

I already own the film, so why would I spend money to buy a DVD/BD with features that I already have? If the film can be brand new, just improved to high definition standards, at least the extra features can be 99.9% exclusive to this release!
Old 4th July 2010, 01:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I wouldn't exactly be disappointed if Arrow included the Warbeck/MacColl commentary track, but I would like something that was not on the Grindhouse Releasing version so the whole thing contained completely new extra features.

I already own the film, so why would I spend money to buy a DVD/BD with features that I already have? If the film can be brand new, just improved to high definition standards, at least the extra features can be 99.9% exclusive to this release!
Like I said, don't expect the grindhouse extras to be ported over to the new UK edition.

I must admit that doing City of the Living Dead really made me rediscover a slightly dormant love for Fulci (I hadn't really delved into his catalogue for a while - but I have old VHS copies of Don't Torture a Duckling, The Psychic, NYR and COTLD from when I was but an obsessed teen!) and with The Beyond we hope to have something really unique. I have a ton of love for this movie and hopefully it will show with an array of new extras...!

In many ways, it's the Arrow release I'm most excited about.
Old 4th July 2010, 01:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Good to hear that. I haven't seen The Psychic so that's another one I may have to buy!

Like this? Share it using the links below!