All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2010, 05:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I don't think there is anyone here who wouldn't like to see a Zombi 2 given a top notch transfer and hours of extra features. As for Cat in the Brain, I can't comment as I (shamefully) haven't seen it yet.
Old 20th July 2010, 05:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cat is ... as I like to call it ... Fulcis "1980s+ best of" - it's just a compilation of scenes of Fulci driving around, walking, eating, spiced up with an enourmous amount of gore from movies like Alice, the devastatingly awful Sodom's Return, Bianchis terrible The Massacre and so on - basically really everything you need to know/see about the movies that have been mashed together. 8) (Apart from Alice, which isn't too bad, I think)
Old 26th July 2010, 02:56 PM
Cultist

My favourite Warbeck film. I currently have the Vipco release, so I would luuuuuuurrve a features packed / better release. And i'd rather a DVD release than a Blu Ray release.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:23 PM
Cultist

recomended by bloody-disgusting

Only joined to vote for The Beyond on BD and DVD (but not in the same box) as Arrow would be missing out with a BD only release of potential DVD sales that keep the company producing releases at the top of their game!

If that's true about Zombi 2 aka Zombie Flesh Eaters being too expensive to license it's a real shame as that's my fave with TB at No.2!

Would buy either of the above 2 films again on BD only though!
Especially after the reviews for previous Arrow releases on thedigitalfix (ex dvdtimes) and avforums

thexperiment podcasts
Old 18th August 2010, 11:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

ZFE on Blu would be a BLAST!

I don't think Arrow will ever do a BD only release ... well, yeah, kinda with the Dead movies and Caligula but Arrow Films has already released DVD sets there and the Dead films are getting their "proper" DVD lay, as will Caligula when they get to it I thing ... so don't worry
Old 19th August 2010, 12:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
ZFE on Blu would be a BLAST!

I don't think Arrow will ever do a BD only release ... well, yeah, kinda with the Dead movies and Caligula but Arrow Films has already released DVD sets there and the Dead films are getting their "proper" DVD lay, as will Caligula when they get to it I thing ... so don't worry
Arrow's dvd edition Caligula has been out for a while. It's much better than the BD.

Caligula [1979] (Imperial Edition) [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Malcolm McDowell, Peter O'Toole, Helen Mirren, Teresa Ann Savoy, Guido Mannari, John Gielgud, Giancarlo Badessi, Bruno Brive, Adriana Asti, Leopoldo Trieste, Paolo Bonacelli, John Steiner, B

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 29th August 2010, 01:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I know about that release - but it predates the AV series and has different artwork. That's what I meant when I talked about a "proper" release ... any who knows, maybe Caligula will also be released in a 4 disc double-digipak with Ricks artwork. That would be a blast!
Old 18th September 2010, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

HMV now have TB DVD and BR releases available for pre-order so my advance purchases are now in!
Old 18th September 2010, 02:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

From now on, for those titles who are released on DVD and BD, Arrow should only release them in a combo DVD+BD.

I think it would save them money regarding the package and would satisfy both DVD and BD users.

And it could be a nice incentive for the people who only have DVD to buy a BD player.
Old 18th September 2010, 02:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Very neat idea - I like DVD+BD combos.

BTW: The Beyond preorder is also up on Amazon.uk
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!