Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2010, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Fully agree!
I'm still in no rush going Blu- BUT as it'll eventually happen, such a "DVD/Blu" combo for "The Beyond" would provide me with the perfect "justification" for picking this title up yet again in any case.
(Though in all fairness, I have not the slighest idea whether or not this would actually be cheaper for "Arrow" than releasing standalone DVD and BluRay releases?)
Old 18th September 2010, 03:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, it'll only make it cheaper since they only have to produce ONE packaging and maybe they can save on extra bonus discs - still, I highly doubt they'll completely ditch the "tweo releases" phlosophy as I think that there are many who rather only buy one medium for a little less money. If it's a combo, the price will certainly go up a notch.
Old 18th September 2010, 03:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

If the higher pricing is still reasonable, in the case of "The Beyond" I'd opt for the combo.
Otherwise the DVD would also do it for me.
Old 18th September 2010, 03:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, seeing it the other way: Most of the titles Arrow release I already own on DVD - and I only need the Blu. So if it's a spectacularly new transfer, okay, but I'm happy with my BD only version.
Old 18th September 2010, 03:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Will definitely pick up The Beyond on Blu-Ray. It's about time my old Vipco DVD got replaced.
Old 18th September 2010, 04:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Definetly need to replace that Vipco disc mate!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 18th September 2010, 05:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Definetly need to replace that Vipco disc mate!
Totally. I picked up the Blu-Ray of City Of The Living Dead today (along with Dawn of the Dead), as that too needed replacing and I'd just never got around to it (blame it on too many new releases taking up my time and budget).

Still, in Vipco's defense, they may have been rubbish, but they are responsible for introducing me to Fulci, so for that at least they served some purpose.

Saying that, what Arrow are doing with these classic, and much underrated titles is nothing short of phenomenal.
Old 18th September 2010, 06:49 PM
Cultist

Same with me, my first two versions of Zombie Flesh Eaters were Vipco VHS and I still have the widescreen full uncut version which was the Holy Grail to me when I first got it and which I will never get rid of!

Never went to DVD with Vipco as they all seemed to be cut versions and no point going backwards, then the AB version was not very well mastered so I didn't pick it up on DVD until Shriek Show released it in 2004 and now only a few more months until I can get it on BluRay...I can't wait

thexperiment podcasts
Old 18th September 2010, 08:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think the Combi packs would be a great idea as Disney do them with all of their releases so it would work if you have a Blu-ray player in the living room and DVD players elsewhere so you only need to buy it once and it will satisfy everywhere and everyone in the house.
Old 18th September 2010, 08:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I don't mind combos if it's viable to keep the price similar to just the Blu version. It seems to be getting more prominent over here and looks like a big push to get people to switch at a later date. I think you'd still have to have a DVD only version though for people who just aren't interested yet and don't want to pay the premium.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!