LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2011, 02:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Thanks Stephen - very kind of you! I hope everyone will excuse me posting this, but Richard Wenk got in touch with us yesterday and had some very nice things to say about the Arrow Video release:

"And for the record, a friend ordered a copy and I watched it the other night. I have to tell you what a fantastic job you did. It was truly wonderful. The care, insight and creativeness was remarkable. I was both proud and astounded. The extras were enlightening, funny and rewarding. Honestly the best packaging I've ever seen - and not because it was my film. So bravo to you and your co-workers. A job exceedingly well done!"

Obviously we're really flattered and pleased by this! Keep the feedback coming if you liked VAMP!
I can only echo what Richard Wenk said -- and the same goes for every DVD and BD thank you, Naomi and Nick have worked on recently. The three of you do a great job and your enthusiast for the subject matter and the films is clear for all to see.
Old 12th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Absolutely brilliant job guys!! You do a cracking job providing all the great extras associated with Arrow BDs (and DVDs), which (along with general tiptop AV quality) I guess is what pushes Arrow ahead of its competitors.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 24th March 2011, 09:48 PM
Cult Rookie

I'm slightly late to the party I guess but I finally watched the Vamp Blu Ray last night. It was superb. I haven't seen it since I was a kid, when it played late night on Channel 4 in the early 90s. It was even better and more fun than I remember. The Blu Ray really had a tremendous transfer and I'm sure its never looked so good or vibrant. Tremendous entertainment. I think you guys at Arrow should be very proud of this one. You've resurrected and done justice to an often forgoten cult classic. The features were thoroughly interesting and entertaining. So cheers for this one. It would be wonderful for Arrow to take on other American 80s films that might be relegated to obscurity.
Old 24th March 2011, 10:21 PM
Cultist

Watched the Blu-ray at the weekend, after buying blind. Yep that's right, I'd never seen it before. Always put off by Grace. Think I'd only ever seen her beat the crap out of Russell Harty and always thought of her as being a bit "Up herself".

What can I say? I'd missed out on one of the greats. Grace was fantastic. Deede was stunning and very funny. I loved it and it will get a lot of multiple viewings.

I was absolutely knocked out by the picture quality. Top work for a 25 year old no-budget flick.

One of the classic '80s comedy/horror/vampire films. Right up there with The Lost Boys, Fright Night and My Best Friend is a Vampire.
Old 25th March 2011, 08:38 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Watched the Blu-ray at the weekend, after buying blind. Yep that's right, I'd never seen it before. Always put off by Grace. Think I'd only ever seen her beat the crap out of Russell Harty and always thought of her as being a bit "Up herself".

What can I say? I'd missed out on one of the greats. Grace was fantastic. Deede was stunning and very funny. I loved it and it will get a lot of multiple viewings.

I was absolutely knocked out by the picture quality. Top work for a 25 year old no-budget flick.

One of the classic '80s comedy/horror/vampire films. Right up there with The Lost Boys, Fright Night and My Best Friend is a Vampire.
It's nice reading things like this - I spent years trying to persuade clients to pick this film up and for many of them it was trapped in a rights limbo no one seemed to be able to pull apart but Arrow persisted where others didn't and now new people get to discover a film I always thought deserved to sit amongst the classics of the 80s - pulling off a horror comedy blend with style is tough work but Vamp, for me, delivers.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:08 AM
Cult Addict

I watched this last night on Blu and loved it. I had not seen it since the '80s and to me it still holds up well. I loved the colour scheme on Blu as it felt at times that I was watching an Argento film. Some nifty effects too courtesy of Greg Cannom (Who I totally forgot worked on the movie). Finally, I would like to say a big 'hats off ' to whoever did the opening Arrow segment featuring the bookcase. That is the best intro that I have seen for a long time. Is this going to be used on all future releases? I would do it, it's that good.
Old 25th March 2011, 12:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I watched this last night on Blu and loved it. I had not seen it since the '80s and to me it still holds up well. I loved the colour scheme on Blu as it felt at times that I was watching an Argento film. Some nifty effects too courtesy of Greg Cannom (Who I totally forgot worked on the movie). Finally, I would like to say a big 'hats off ' to whoever did the opening Arrow segment featuring the bookcase. That is the best intro that I have seen for a long time. Is this going to be used on all future releases? I would do it, it's that good.
I can always tell Greg Cannom's vampire work from a mile off! The fangs are always on the wrong teeth! His trade mark no doubt.

Check out Lost Boys too and you will see what I mean.
Old 25th March 2011, 02:54 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
I can always tell Greg Cannom's vampire work from a mile off! The fangs are always on the wrong teeth! His trade mark no doubt.

Check out Lost Boys too and you will see what I mean.
The Lost Boys. Now there is a film that I haven't seen in many a moon. I'm sure I've got an old copy on video somewhere that I will have to dig out. All together," People are strange when you're a stranger, faces look ugly when you're alone."
Old 25th March 2011, 04:50 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Same here, as I don't think I have seen it for about 18 months. Although I like the Echo and the Bunnymen version, I think The Doors original is the best.
Old 13th May 2011, 09:19 AM
Cultist

Really good and fun movie it even had some gore too! I really liked the xtra features...great work Arrow!! Keep it up!

Like this? Share it using the links below!