Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th June 2010, 12:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

This is fantastic news that we can celebrate Arrow's great package with a complete version of the movie.
We should all spare a moment for the mouse that gave up his life for art.
Old 11th June 2010, 12:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Why, is it going to change? I don't really follow the news so if there has been a big budgetary announcement, I've probably missed it so, please, do tell.
Google George Osborne, VAT, cuts. You might want to start panicking about now....
Old 11th June 2010, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
Thanks Great site!
Old 11th June 2010, 02:26 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Ans he'll no doubt find something wrong with the transfer no matter how good it looks.
omg yes! he always does lol
Old 12th June 2010, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I'm very pleased indeed that Inferno has now been passed intact for British release. This news is now the icing on what promises to be a very tasty cake and well done to all those members here who contacted the B.B.F.C. and made their opinions count. Thank you one and all!
Old 12th June 2010, 01:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Whether our letters had any effect on the BBFC's decision to change their minds or not is something I suppose we'll never know but it does make you feel involved in the decision-making process and to have influenced, in however small a way, what will be one of the finest Blu-ray releases of the year.
Old 12th June 2010, 01:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I would've sent the Soho scissor squad my own musings on Inferno had i been a bit more informed regarding the board's policy on celluloid animal cruelty. But that area of film censorship is admittedly not too familar to me. However, there are other members here who know far more about the situation than myself and who no doubt could (and did!) do a better job of explaining the fans viewpoint.

Who knows we may see a second showdown with the B.B.F.C. if Deep Red tastes the blade again!
Old 19th June 2010, 10:29 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The BBFC sent me a very nice reply to my email thanking them for passing Inferno uncut. I think it's important to also show the BBFC that we are grateful when they make the right decision, and that we're not just a bunch of complainers.
Old 19th June 2010, 10:45 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I recieved a reply from them too, thanking me for my email and support.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I think it's important to also show the BBFC that we are grateful when they make the right decision, and that we're not just a bunch of complainers.
Well said and you're right. Give credit where it's due and i'll be the first to count my blessings and be thankful when a particular fave film of mine is finally passed intact.

It would never happen if James Ferman was still breathing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!