LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
That cover is ****ing terrible though, looks like something out of an aeroplane safety instruction manual.
The cover by Robin Boughie, as has been mentioned, is very mild compared to his other work ( anyone who's seen any will understand ).
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:05 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow did ask for the BBFC to pass it as an 18 because an R18 is commercial suicide for a film like this - it would only be available from licensed sex shops. Arrow always try and get films through uncut and there have been some notable successes but ther will be titles that won't make it and this is one of them.
I know it would have cost too much for Arrow for get 2 versions classified etc, but if they were a big company and had the cash to throw about, it would have been great to see see the uncut version released as an R18 and a softer 18 version. But as you day, it would be suicide for a small company.

Reaper! Get your hands in your pockets and offer to pay for it!
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:45 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by royayers View Post
Why release a cut film? This film has a minimal plot so the sex is the main point of the film. To cut out any sex defeats the object of watching the film at all.
Because no-one will buy an 'R18' DVD if the only way they can get it is by visiting some sleazy sex shop or paying way over the odds for it online (which is actually illegal to do in the UK). Arrow won't make any money from it that way anyway.

The hardcore snippets really don't add anything to the film - they're essentially pointless but, still, any civilised country would have simply passed this '18' uncut. I found Bare Behind Bars to be sleazy but generally boring. I'll sit this release out.
Old 3rd December 2010, 04:53 PM
Cultist

Just another thought - would there have been other cuts made at 'R18' (to the sexual and sexualised violence in the film) instead of the ones made to the hardcore footage at '18'?
Old 4th December 2010, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I really can't decide if i like BBB's cover or not but i do approve of the title lettering, at least. However, along with Jaguar Lives the jail-based opus in question is another Arrow acquisition i can live without.
Old 4th December 2010, 09:14 PM
Ex-member

Default Arrow Video - Bare Behind Bars

If anyone wants to buy the Arrow cut dvd of BARE BEHIND BARS then great
All credit to Arrow on many other dvds which they have uncut and I have a lot of their catalogue, and have ordered BAY OF BLOOD and DEEP RED and hopefully Arrow release the longest version of TENEBRE and other Argento's films in the new year
But we all know the dumb as ever BBFC will not have it otherwise with BBB
But if you want the best dvd of this film buy the R0 dvd on the Blue Underground
Old 8th December 2010, 07:40 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
If anyone wants to buy the Arrow cut dvd of BARE BEHIND BARS then great
All credit to Arrow on many other dvds which they have uncut and I have a lot of their catalogue, and have ordered BAY OF BLOOD and DEEP RED and hopefully Arrow release the longest version of TENEBRE and other Argento's films in the new year
But we all know the dumb as ever BBFC will not have it otherwise with BBB
But if you want the best dvd of this film buy the R0 dvd on the Blue Underground
I know I've ordered it New from canadian Amazon which was cheaper than New from UK amazon buy £8 (including P+P)

I've ordered it from HMV site for £7.99 just for the Poster and Booklet and to support the Arrow Video side Label even though I will have an uncut Blue underground copy.
Old 8th December 2010, 08:00 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I know it would have cost too much for Arrow for get 2 versions classified etc, but if they were a big company and had the cash to throw about, it would have been great to see see the uncut version released as an R18 and a softer 18 version. But as you day, it would be suicide for a small company.

Reaper! Get your hands in your pockets and offer to pay for it!
Do you think that Arrow Video will ever try and get this released UNCUT

Do you think Arrow Video would ever release Oswaldo de Oliveira'a Amazon Jail or any of his other Women in Prison films.
Old 17th December 2010, 07:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

As this is cut.. no buy for me.
Old 18th December 2010, 06:16 PM
Ex-member

Does anyone know what the Inappropriate Use of Pineapples in the film was/is, as I have seen the Uncut Blue Underground version and the only thing they did with Pineapple (Shaped Like a Large Penis) is just lick it a few times and both too a small bite out of it. So I don't know what was inappropriate about that.

Like this? Share it using the links below!