Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2011, 08:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Remember being in my car parents while they drove past a cinema back when the film was first released, seeing the queue & the b&W/green poster for the film. Was fixed on seeing it then. Pretty sure I remember radio adverts for ZFE, certainly remember radio adverts for Dawn of the Dead & Damien Omen II
Took a few years after to see it & other Fulci films
Old 20th April 2011, 05:28 PM
Cult Rookie

I was obsessed with this movie when I was younger. I would always rent the big box 7 Doors of Death version until I was about 8, then my dad brought home a betamax of the Beyond, I dunno where he got it, but it was fantastic! Subsequently, I've owned as many releases as I could, including Anchor bay vhs, dvds, tins, laserdiscs, etc...
Old 4th October 2011, 01:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Saw Zombie Flesh Eaters when I was about 18, I bought it for a friend in the old video shop upstairs in Malborough street, Dublin. They also had a copy of The Evil Dead for £20 at the time.
Just kept hearing about Fulci's Gates of Hell zombie trilogy after then ended up getting House by the Cemetery a few years later. Someone posted up Schweik's death on Youtube and had to see The Beyond after that.
I still prefer City of the Living Dead (not by much, mind) but The Beyond is epic and I love the scene of Emily and Dickie standing in the middle of the road to nowhere.
Night of the Creeps (1986)
Old 29th February 2012, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

I 1st saw it on a shelf in the rental shop Global Video and it was the Vipco edition (1st editions with the pictures rather then just writing on the cover) and I wanted to rent it but the bloke who owned it wouldn't let me for some reason - even though I was 18.

So I then saw it in HMV and bought it there £15 and had that edition since Arrow brought theirs out. I watched it countless times and showing it off to my friends (one of them got scared lol). Love the film, then when I heard Arrow were releasing it I had to get it.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th February 2012, 02:03 PM
Ex-member

naturally on video, and along with Filci's CITY and ZOMBIE I saw them but cut
but never got to see HOUSE for some reason
then came DVD!
bought the R1/R0 Anchor Bay dvds of these esp THE BEYOND which is my fave zombie film from Fulci
Old 29th February 2012, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

After seeing ZFE at the cinema I remember thinking "that was such a good flick, I gotta look out for this Fulci guy", then later THE BEYOND came to my local ABC(I think) I read about it in mags and me and my mate went to see it, WOW is an understatement, the audience got into it too. Seen it loadsa times since but that first time on the big screen was superb, me and my mate came out going "WTF...how good was that!!" Long live THE BEYOND.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
After seeing ZFE at the cinema I remember thinking "that was such a good flick, I gotta look out for this Fulci guy"
I know what you mean, the first time I rented Vipco's "strong uncut version" of Zombie Flesh Eaters I made a note of the director's unusual name as I liked the film so much.Then when I watched the Inter-Light VHS of City of the Living Dead (my fave Fulci flick) I remember thinking the music used in the film sounded familiar to me.That's when I realised "City" was also directed by the same person, Lucio Fulci.From then on I kept my eyes peeled for anything with his name attached, that's how I got to see The Beyond and House by the Cemetery.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeed. in those pre 'net days, you only had your own taste to guide you i feel, as the covers were all really lurid, but sadly only some of the films inside matched up to their promise....

Fulci always delivered on that front as far as i'm concerned.

So now, years later, after dilligent detective work i've seen a fair chunk of his entire canon, i would say that its the more "fantastic" ones that i like, yes, even Sodoma's Ghost HARUMPH, still havent seen any at "the pictures" as i dont count the time i saw part of The Beyond at Dundee, as a film with such a truly twisted Lovecraftian structure (structure???) shouldn't have bits missing

Ahem. the Darkside article has some nice posters as pictures this issue btw.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!