Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2011, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

While the 1st BD wasn't the greatest, it certainly wasn't a dreadful transfer. It was very watchable imo. Can't wait to see the replacement, from all accounts it sounds like a corker.
Old 20th April 2011, 04:52 PM
Cultist

I watched the replacement disc last night and it was well worth the wait. Excellent sound and picture.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th April 2011, 05:28 PM
Active Cultist

gutted for you ant, the same happened to me a few months back. if you bought the ps3 fairly recently and you still have the recipet you can return it to the shop you bought it from an dthey'll replace it for you on the spot, that's what i did with mine, but i had only had it for a few months.

regarding the beyond blu, i watched it last night plus all the extras and it's a fantastic transfer, it felt like watching a new film and i fell in love with it all over again. the image is pretty much flawless and the colors are so rich. a big thank you to arrow for their tireless efforts, this really is a definitive edition of the beyond and i can't wait to see it again, probably tonight
Old 20th April 2011, 07:22 PM
Cult Rookie

The comments about the audio being better on the replacement disc are confusing to me. The video I understand - besides just the fixed intro, the whole thing has a higher bitrate so there should be less digital nastiness than what was reported on the first disc.

However the audio on the first disc was lossless, i.e. bit-for-bit identical to the master. There's no way for a lossless encoding to be improved by simply throwing more bits at it - it would still encode the exact same information, just less efficiently. In fact, there's NO way to improve a lossless encoding - for improvements, you have to change the actual master! And I've heard nothing about Arrow making changes to the audio (nor was I ever quite sure what the complaints about the audio on the first disc were anyway).
Old 20th April 2011, 08:06 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I'm glad you're happy - that's the important thing - but I don't need forum members opinions corrected either way.
So it's ok for other members to post nonsense saying how the substandard picture was great and the disc was a revelation , yet it's not ok to point out that opinion was a joke as revealed by the comparison with the corrected disc ?

I've read various things about this forum over the internet about how anything that puts Arrow in a bad light is locked , or how anyone who criticises policies , contents or other members who worship Arrow is shot down in flames .

I was prepared to give the forum the benefit of the doubt but I can see it's all true .

Probably best to delete my membership .
There are plenty of forums with fair , honest and balanced views and comments on discs of all kinds - but your isn't it.

If you don't want fair comment why not simply say so before people join ?
I can see that those who post nothing but "I Love Arrow" comments are welcome but it's a bad day for forums when another forum member has evidence to prove that the Arrow arse lickers would not know a decent Bluray if it bit them on the neck.

Bye
Old 20th April 2011, 08:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Constructive criticism is always welcome -- Arrow appreciate hints that help them improve. However, criticism must not be solely negative or a perceived as criticism for criticism's sake.

There is no conspiracy to get rid of people who don't like an aspect of a particular release or for pointing out flaws in other people's arguments/points as long as it is done politely.

As for your request to have your account closed, we don't close accounts on request.
Old 20th April 2011, 08:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

you can grab a PC Blu drive for £40
it can be multi region too.

but you need to have a HDCP capable graphics card but if your PC is not over 4 years old you should be fine

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st April 2011, 07:04 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That must be terrible, Ant; I don't know what I'd do without my PS3. I know it's not the same, but does your PC have a Blu-ray drive?
I don't have a PC, just a PS3. No room in my flat for one and to be honest I wouldn't really use it. Kelly has a laptop which I use for majority of internet browsing.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I finally got around to scanning my Amazon receipt and sending it to Arrow. I'm not going to post how great the replacement disc is over the original because I didn't take that much notice. All I'll say is that I watched The Beyond for the first time in a long time, yesterday, and it was the best version that I've seen. For a movie of it's type it looked and sounded superb on my system. All I could ask for.

Arrow sent my replacement disc in a day, so thanks to them for a unexpectedly speedy service.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:44 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Will copies ordered from the Arrow site directly come with the replacement disc at the same time as the original?
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!