All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st October 2011, 09:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
Been holding off on importing this from Amazon UK until all the kinks get worked out, but it still seems like a risky purchase. Isn't there a more proactive way to handle this rather than the "wait & see" return approach? Does Arrow keep an inventory of Amazon's stock vs. returns/replacements by Amazon customers or anything like that? Any idea if Amazon's bad stock has been diluted by now? Thanks.
Frankly, I don't see any problem.

If you've read the last few pages carefully, you know that it works this way: after buying the disc, you check whether it has the correct opening or not. If you've received a faulty disc, you e-mail Arrow, and they send you a correct disc!

Simple, innit?

Greetings!
Old 1st October 2011, 10:10 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Frankly, I don't see any problem.

If you've read the last few pages carefully, you know that it works this way: after buying the disc, you check whether it has the correct opening or not. If you've received a faulty disc, you e-mail Arrow, and they send you a correct disc!

Simple, innit?

Greetings!
I read the entire thread, as well as the less biased one on blu-ray com. The issue is that it takes up to 2 weeks to receive it from Amazon UK, then possibly another 2 weeks to receive a replacement. There is also mixed information out there regarding Arrow's replacement program. It seems some are still getting them from Arrow even though the program expired, while others are being encouraged to return them to the source. If that is the case, then you can add another 2 weeks to the wait time for Amazon to get back the faulty disc and process the return from me. Either way, I'm waiting a month or longer to receive the correct product. All of this could be averted if Arrow just recalled retailer's stock to begin with, rather than have the customer inherit the burden.

Not so simple, innit?
Old 2nd October 2011, 08:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I read the entire thread, as well as the less biased one on blu-ray com. The issue is that it takes up to 2 weeks to receive it from Amazon UK, then possibly another 2 weeks to receive a replacement. There is also mixed information out there regarding Arrow's replacement program. It seems some are still getting them from Arrow even though the program expired, while others are being encouraged to return them to the source. If that is the case, then you can add another 2 weeks to the wait time for Amazon to get back the faulty disc and process the return from me. Either way, I'm waiting a month or longer to receive the correct product. All of this could be averted if Arrow just recalled retailer's stock to begin with, rather than have the customer inherit the burden.
Not so simple, innit?
I don't know where you've got your information from, but as far as I know, every wrong copy will still be replaced by Arrow, as long as you're able to deliver some proof of purchase. But I'm sure that Nos or another mod will be able to confirm this very quickly.

That's a discussion that we've already had, so I don't see why we should return to that topic. You'll get a free replacement for your false copy, you're allowed to keep the "wrong" one, and you're able to discuss every concerns that you have on this forum - what else do you want? Customer service can't get any better than that.

So I'd order The Beyond straight away - normally, you should get a correct disc by now, and if this isn't the case, you'll receive a replacement for free.

Greetings!
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:04 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just to confirm things: if you buy and receive a copy with the monochrome opening, e-mail your dispatch/shipping e-mail (not the order confirmation) to info@arrowfilms.co.uk and you should receive a replacement (and e-mail) shortly thereafter.

You don't need to send the 'incorrect' disc back and, if my experiences (I bought the DVD and BD) are anything to go by, the replacement copy should be with you in about a week.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 2nd October 2011, 10:23 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

I emailed on a Thursday and got my replacement on the Saturday - brilliant service!
Old 2nd October 2011, 05:31 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
I don't know where you've got your information from, but as far as I know, every wrong copy will still be replaced by Arrow, as long as you're able to deliver some proof of purchase. But I'm sure that Nos or another mod will be able to confirm this very quickly.
You have no idea where I got my information? Maybe this will refresh your memory...

Quote:
You would, but only by asking your seller to replace it. This should cause no problems, as it would be partly his fault if he had any incorrect version in stock after 1 September 2011.

Greetings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
After September 1, Arrow will not issue replacement discs as, by then, there won't (or shouldn't) be any of the incorrect discs with the monochrome opening available in stores or online.

If you order one after that date and are supplied with one of the original discs, you'll be extremely unlucky and will have to take it up with the retailer, who should be able to issue a replacement.

Quote:
That's a discussion that we've already had, so I don't see why we should return to that topic. You'll get a free replacement for your false copy, you're allowed to keep the "wrong" one, and you're able to discuss every concerns that you have on this forum - what else do you want? Customer service can't get any better than that.
It may be a discussion that you already had, but people are still dealing with this. What else do I want? How about an official announcement from Arrow regarding the stock status out there or the extension of the replacement program that has been previously announced to be closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Since the announcement that The Beyond Replacement Program is coming to a close, there has been a huge surge in the number of people requesting replacements. As such, discs have run out earlier than anticipated. Arrow are able to make 25 finished copies available but this is now the FINAL CALL for swaps. Once the 25 are gone, the Replacement Program will have to close. The guys at Arrow are very sorry that it’s earlier than originally stated, but they could not anticipate the surge in people requiring replacements in the last few days.

Quote:
So I'd order The Beyond straight away - normally, you should get a correct disc by now, and if this isn't the case, you'll receive a replacement for free.

Greetings!
Look, all I wanted to do was make a simple purchase without having to invest a month playing guessing games. I'm not in the UK. And frankly, I don't see why you feel obligated to speak on everyone's behalf regarding Arrow's problem. Perhaps you should worry more about your own issues and less about getting the last word in on a topic that doesn't concern you.

Cheers.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
You have no idea where I got my information? Maybe this will refresh your memory...

It may be a discussion that you already had, but people are still dealing with this. What else do I want? How about an official announcement from Arrow regarding the stock status out there or the extension of the replacement program that has been previously announced to be closed?

Look, all I wanted to do was make a simple purchase without having to invest a month playing guessing games. I'm not in the UK. And frankly, I don't see why you feel obligated to speak on everyone's behalf regarding Arrow's problem. Perhaps you should worry more about your own issues and less about getting the last word in on a topic that doesn't concern you.

Cheers.
You know what? I like you. You're too lazy to skim the different Arrow threads, and snarl at people who try to help you.

But as I'm a gentle fella, here you are, mate: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arro...itle-news.html
How about that official Arrow announcement that you were asking for? Oh yeah, you must have missed that one. Apology accepted!

Any questions left? Go see a doctor!*

Greetings!

PS: * Or ask again.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:22 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Guys, let's move on. Nosferatu has answered the question, no need for the bickering and snide comments (telling people they are lazy and to see a doctor if they have any more questions, Prince). Ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 2nd October 2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
You know what? I like you. You're too lazy to skim the different Arrow threads, and snarl at people who try to help you.

But as I'm a gentle fella, here you are, mate:
How about that official Arrow announcement that you were asking for? Oh yeah, you must have missed that one. Apology accepted!

Any questions left? Go see a doctor!*

Greetings!

PS: * Or ask again.
Wow. I'm glad the Mods see your maturity level as clearly as I do. It's obvious that if anyone needs a doctor it's you. Better refill that prescription.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Guys, let's move on. Nosferatu has answered the question, no need for the bickering and snide comments (telling people they are lazy and to see a doctor if they have any more questions, Prince). Ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Stephen.

Maybe you guys can post an official link in this thread to that FAQ section regarding the warehousing problem. I wouldn't have thought to look there for it and it took several posts of attacks in my direction before it was even mentioned.

Like this? Share it using the links below!