Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th May 2012, 01:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilzombie20 View Post
I'm curious to what you folks who are used to the European stereo mix think of the US mono mix?

Any opinions?
For me is very hard to listen to a new dub after 20 + years of listening the European dub.

The very beginning of Demons always had a striking feeling for me, and this new dub kinda ruins it... I guess another 20 + years s listening to this dun will change my mind.
Old 5th May 2012, 01:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm curious to what you folks who are used to the European stereo mix think of the US mono mix?

Any opinions?
Doesn't make a blind bit of difference. It was never much of a brilliant stereo mix anyway.
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 5th May 2012, 03:51 PM
Cultist

Finally some screencaptures in full HD: Blu-ray Forum - View Single Post - Demons (Lamberto Bava) Pre-orders
Steel76 likes this.
Old 5th May 2012, 04:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Looks REALLY good, except for some artifacts/blocking amongst the filmgrain, especially the pic with the punk girl in the car and the one with the guy standing by the dirtbike, might be the screenshots that are compressed, or it won´t be noticable in motion.

I wonder why they didn´t use a dual layer disc, especially since all the extra features are crammed together on that 25gb disc, and only 20gb was used according to a review I read. Or was the 20gb only used for the movie, and the rest for the extras? Can´t find any hard evidence, as 20gb for the movie should be enough, since the audio is in mono.

Other than that, most people seems very positive about the A/V

Arrgghh, only two more days... Anyone have a time machine?
Old 5th May 2012, 04:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:

Any opinions?
Been years since I watched the entire movie with the US dub, but I remember the experience was a bit jarring at first with the added soundeffects and changed voices, and back then I didn´t like it because of that. But I sampled the US LD a few days ago, and watched the scene in the car etc. and now I actually liked the "new" dub in that scene, as the voices fits the characters much better. Though I find the changes with some of their lines a bit dissapointing. But Coca Cola didn´t like the line "It´s all the coke in your ears." so they where forced to change it. At least that´s the story I heard, so I´m not 100 procent it´s the truth
Old 5th May 2012, 06:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Looks REALLY good, except for some artifacts/blocking amongst the filmgrain, especially the pic with the punk girl in the car and the one with the guy standing by the dirtbike, might be the screenshots that are compressed, or it won´t be noticable in motion.
I actually noticed some blocking in darker scenes while watching it, it looks worse than it is on the screenshots though (naturally, you won't notice it that much in motion). But other than that, the transfer is perfect and you will be very pleased with this release. Arrow have done a great job here and I hope all the future releses will meet the high standards set with this HD-Edition.
Steel76 likes this.
Old 5th May 2012, 06:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I wonder why they didn´t use a dual layer disc, especially since all the extra features are crammed together on that 25gb disc, and only 20gb was used according to a review I read. Or was the 20gb only used for the movie, and the rest for the extras? Can´t find any hard evidence, as 20gb for the movie should be enough, since the audio is in mono.
TheDigitalFix's review says that the main feature consumes approximately 20Gb of the 24.6Gb disc

I don't judge on screenshots as a rule as it always looks different in motion but those grabs look great - looking forward to getting this even more now!
Steel76 likes this.
Old 5th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Good to know the main feature got all those gigs

I´m REALLY happy that Arrow choose to use the "Cineteca Di Bologna" lab (Criterion also use them) for their Demons transfers, as it beats the shit out of that crappy LVR lab that only adds DNR and horrible videonoise to their transfers.
I hope Arrow continues to use "Bologna" for their future italian releases
TJ Doc, LoBo and zane like this.
Old 5th May 2012, 06:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Good to know the main feature got all those gigs

I´m REALLY happy that Arrow choose to use the "Cineteca Di Bologna" lab (Criterion also use them) for their Demons transfers, as it beats the shit out of that crappy LVR lab that only adds DNR and horrible videonoise to their transfers.
I hope Arrow continues to use "Bologna" for their future italian releases
Imagine how great Tenebrae would've looked!
Daemonia and Steel76 like this.
Old 5th May 2012, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yes, it probably would have looked just as great as the french BD.
I wonder if the french transfer was made at "Bologna"?

I´m dreaming about "Atlantis Interceptors" and "Zombie 3" BD:s from Arrow with fresh "Bologna" transfers.
Daemonia and zane like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!