Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2012, 02:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It was at a recent screening of Demons that the Amazon reviewer saw the film. Would be interesting to hear if the same thing happened at other screenings, and if the showings were of the same version as the blu-ray will be?
Old 22nd April 2012, 02:59 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
It was at a recent screening of Demons that the Amazon reviewer saw the film. Would be interesting to hear if the same thing happened at other screenings, and if the showings were of the same version as the blu-ray will be?
This seems ridiculous but I genuinely don't remember if this happened or not at the screening. As I mentioned though, my mind was somewhat fried from the previous 12 hours of films before the Demons screening.
Old 22nd April 2012, 07:56 PM
Active Cultist

My copies of demons and demons 2 are on pre order and can't wait!
I am still not sure if I am going to get a copy of the SteelBook yet! does anyone know how many are being made?
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This would not be the first time when it comes to Italian films on DVD and blu-ray: MoC's La Signora Senza Camelie and Le amiche had "end of part 1" and "part 2", AB's Bava Vol2 had them in Four times that night and Roy Colt and Winchester Jack, and even our own Shameless had it in Duckling.
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The AWE and No Shame Italy dvd's of CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD have it too.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Well, maybe the break in the middle will remind me of those good old Laserdisc days, when the player paused to change over to side B. Or when I had my first LD player where you manually had to flip the disc, and also took a pee break and got more popcorn, before you returned to the seat
Old 22nd April 2012, 08:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I can't say I care either way. With all the bickering about steelbooks and comics, I just want the damn thing to arrive so I can watch it.
Baseball Fury likes this.
Old 22nd April 2012, 11:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Well, maybe the break in the middle will remind me of those good old Laserdisc days, when the player paused to change over to side B. Or when I had my first LD player where you manually had to flip the disc, and also took a pee break and got more popcorn, before you returned to the seat
Now I want popcorn...and pee joking but I had borrowed the vintage American ld and i don't remember where the break was but didn't the roan group ld (which I owned and watched more) have the break in the same place(when they tore out the film)? I sold all my lasers when I was 16 and dvd came out so it's been a while
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

About 8 min into this clip is the scene where the break will be.

I guess the break was very effective in the theaters, with the first part ending at the moment the film in the movie is ripped out of the projector.

After watching that clip (been YEARS last time I saw the movie), the break is at least placed very well. So I guess it won´t be THAT annoying
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

If this break is anything like Gremlins 2, then it should be quite humorous!!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!