Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th January 2013, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I still haven't unwrapped my COTLD BD, because it isn't all that long ago that I watched Arrows DVD, I also only recently watched Tenebrae and didn't think it looked that bad, most of this is down to personal preference. Another example is the Predator:Ultimate Hunter Edition which I picked up the other day for a few quid(mainly for the extras) and watched today, yeah certain parts of it do make the actors look like waxworks, but on the flipside some scenes looked ok to me. Of course, my only comparison is with the 2 disc Special Edition DVD upscaled, and not the earlier BD release, which again people complained about
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 05:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I can see Sam's point here, but I wouldn't wish for them to go under. I am more pissed off over the fact they won't fix their **** up than the actual **** up itself! I paid over £30 for my copies and for that amount, hell any amount, of money I should recieve the product I preordered all those months ago. So now if I want a correct disc, I've gotta wait til they become available AND fork out more cash for it, that is complete disregard for the loyal fans, some of which buy every title they release
Agreed

ok look I don't actually WISH for people to lose their jobs but my statement was more pushed towards the running of the company in that if they have such disrespect for us then it works both ways and with all these faults someone should actually have been taken to task by now.

Let's not forget that some people pre-ordered these at £18 each direct from Arrow when they were available from £11 on Amazon for the regular version so that's £7 more for a premium product which they now state they can't afford to fix.

One final point is how much would it actually cost them to offer a replacement program if they are making the fixed discs anyway, would it be that expensive to produce extra discs to cover the pre-orders? Whatever the cost of this you would assume their reputation was worth it although saying that it wasn't long ago they were stating it was only a few frames missing and then they removed Stephens video from their page which proved otherwise.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just said we got it wrong, even if they said we got it wrong and can't put it right, what really boils the piss is when they say we got it wrong, we will put it right but not for our most loyal customers.

thanks alot
Old 4th January 2013, 05:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
Yes it is, check your interview..

Whoever mastered the sound has clearly made an error as there is a great deal of digital distortion present both in his voice and in the clips from the film.
I have. Sounds great. Funny no reviews picked up on this.

Last edited by Calum; 4th January 2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:14 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Agreed

ok look I don't actually WISH for people to lose their jobs but my statement was more pushed towards the running of the company in that if they have such disrespect for us then it works both ways and with all these faults someone should actually have been taken to task by now.

Let's not forget that some people pre-ordered these at £18 each direct from Arrow when they were available from £11 on Amazon for the regular version so that's £7 more for a premium product which they now state they can't afford to fix.

One final point is how much would it actually cost them to offer a replacement program if they are making the fixed discs anyway, would it be that expensive to produce extra discs to cover the pre-orders? Whatever the cost of this you would assume their reputation was worth it although saying that it wasn't long ago they were stating it was only a few frames missing and then they removed Stephens video from their page which proved otherwise.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just said we got it wrong, even if they said we got it wrong and can't put it right, what really boils the piss is when they say we got it wrong, we will put it right but not for our most loyal customers.

thanks alot

Even though I disagreed with your last post, especially about questionable transfer as being errors I do completely agree with you here 100%
Old 4th January 2013, 05:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I used to think City of the living dead was ok but I then bought the XT video metal-pak from Austria which uses the same master minus the artifacts and it just looks so much better (although you do lose the extras)

Another import which blows away the UK disc is A Fistful of Dollars, I just got this from amazon.it and as well as being correctly framed and not zoomed in like our disc the transfer looks brand new.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Another import which blows away the UK disc is A Fistful of Dollars, I just got this from amazon.it and as well as being correctly framed and not zoomed in like our disc the transfer looks brand new.
I've been looking into getting the Dollars Trilogy on BD, but have been told that the UK editions aren't any better than the DVD's, looks like the motherland is the place to go then!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th January 2013, 05:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I still haven't unwrapped my COTLD BD, because it isn't all that long ago that I watched Arrows DVD, I also only recently watched Tenebrae and didn't think it looked that bad, most of this is down to personal preference. Another example is the Predator:Ultimate Hunter Edition which I picked up the other day for a few quid(mainly for the extras) and watched today, yeah certain parts of it do make the actors look like waxworks, but on the flipside some scenes looked ok to me. Of course, my only comparison is with the 2 disc Special Edition DVD upscaled, and not the earlier BD release, which again people complained about
Funnily enough I just completed my Terminator steelbook collection with Terminator 2 Skynet edition and unfortunately the first thing I noticed as soon as I put it on is that its been attacked by the dreaded DNR and the regular version looked better.

The worst film I've ever seen for DNR was The Good the Bad and the Ugly but I never tried Predator UHE, don't think I ever will either.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I've been looking into getting the Dollars Trilogy on BD, but have been told that the UK editions aren't any better than the DVD's, looks like the motherland is the place to go then!
Italy's dollars Blu-rays all look amazing however only the first one has an English track.

The US and UK use the same DNRed mess, its a real shame as TGTBTU is one of my most favorite films and it deserves so much more.
Old 4th January 2013, 05:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I never tried Predator UHE, don't think I ever will either.
It certainly is DNR'd to hell, why they listened to the people that complained about all the grain we'll never know
Old 4th January 2013, 05:39 PM
Cult Addict

in regards to the missing bit, well its definatelty a fault, doesent affect the film for me but sod it, ive e-mailed and asked for the disc to be replaced. I've worked in retail for ten years, they HAVE to replace it once a fault has been admitted.

Last edited by keirarts; 4th January 2013 at 10:35 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!