Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th January 2013, 11:36 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Arrow are making so many u-turns they're starting to sound like the government.

So....do I send mine in for a replacement as soon as it's available or wait and make sure the 'fixed' disc isn't screwed up in some different way....decisons, decisions....

I mean, I could send in a perfectly working disc (albeit missing 6 seconds) and receive something that doesn't work at all. My faith in Arrow not to screw up is virtually non-existent at the moment.
Good point!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th January 2013, 11:56 AM
Active Cultist

Think I'll be waiting until the initial rush has died down until I send mine back. Gonna be a deluge to start with. Will certainly be sending it recorded delivery. At least that way there is a bit of insurance.

I'm hoping this wont be overly damaging in a financial sense for Arrow. To be honest, how many people are actually going to know about this other than those who frequent forums and their FB page. If everyone sends their disc back it's going to be quite a heft financial hit. I would take a guess at £2 a disc including postage not to mention the admin costs.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by doolahrock View Post
Think I'll be waiting until the initial rush has died down until I send mine back. Gonna be a deluge to start with. Will certainly be sending it recorded delivery. At least that way there is a bit of insurance.

I'm hoping this wont be overly damaging in a financial sense for Arrow. To be honest, how many people are actually going to know about this other than those who frequent forums and their FB page. If everyone sends their disc back it's going to be quite a heft financial hit. I would take a guess at £2 a disc including postage not to mention the admin costs.
Well then they should have properly checked it out before releasing it. To simply rely on reviewers is crazy - they should have their own quality control checks in place. I know that BU used to check their masters against every known copy in existence to make sure that every bit of footage that should be included was included.
Chinhead likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thankfully they've u-turned and done the right thing. I suspect they probably didn't have much choice in the end and could have saved themselves a ton of hassle and reputation. I suspect a lot of damage has already been done, certainly in the realm of preorders but they can win it back if they really do look at their whole operation from QC to PR and fix the glaring issues. Unfortunately, the way they've handled this has seriously brought way more attention to the situation than it would have if they had just quietly agreed the replacement early on. I bet there are people who didn't even know about the 6 seconds who do now just because it's become such a talking point and a point of rage on their Facebook page.

As to the financial harm, I'm sure it'll have an effect but I strongly suspect it will go nowhere near to pushing them under. Less sales were involved I'm sure but after the expense of The Beyond and their complaints about that programme, they still managed to license and pay for the restoration of ZFE, license four Bava titles (including AIP versions which have been notoriously problematic over the years) and plan on further restorations.

It does finally look now like this will be the last version of Zombie I'll ever have to buy!
Old 9th January 2013, 01:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I think I better stay away from reading those facebook comments.
It does seem that some on there are are not interested in Zombie as a film, just as long as they see the gore scenes. They just don't care about the film being incomplete. Those seconds mean nothing to them and they think it's okay to attack those who want a complete film. I just don't get it. It's winding me up so much now that I'm gonna have to not read anymore.
We got what we wanted. A replacement disc. I'm happy now.
Chinhead likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 01:23 PM
Cult Veteran

The Facebook brigade are doing my head in, yesterday they were all up in arms about the 6 seconds and the £5 now they're all going on saying 'hope you're happy now you've got what you want and will probably put Arrow out of business'. Plus people saying that The Beyond was initially pressed with Sepia intro's and had to be replaced by B&W ones

It's a case of if you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything at all.

I'm glad that Arrow are 'doing it right' now but the reputation damage has already been done now, it would have saved a lot of problems if they just did this in the first place - I was ready to hit Amazon with £50+ worth of cancellations this morning but had a change of heart, I am still in 2 minds though.
trebor8273 and Chinhead like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 9th January 2013, 01:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well, let's face it. Facebook is only second to YouTube in twat:comment ratio.
Old 9th January 2013, 01:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Yeah, Arrow's FB is looking pretty grim right now. Could deal with being called a sad geek, but peeps are wailing that poor Arrow is being attacked and will probably go out of business because of a handful of evil nerds! You'd think they were talking about Princess ****in' Di!

You know, I actually feel guilty now. Sorry Arrow, I only wanted the full film!
Old 9th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I think I better stay away from reading those facebook comments.
It does seem that some on there are are not interested in Zombie as a film, just as long as they see the gore scenes. They just don't care about the film being incomplete. Those seconds mean nothing to them and they think it's okay to attack those who want a complete film. I just don't get it. It's winding me up so much now that I'm gonna have to not read anymore.
We got what we wanted. A replacement disc. I'm happy now.
Exactly, you don't see the unhappy people saying they're pathetic and need to get a life etc. If I'm unhappy with something, I'm within my rights to complain, no need to insult me because of it.
zane likes this.
Old 9th January 2013, 01:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The Facebook brigade are doing my head in, yesterday they were all up in arms about the 6 seconds and the £5 now they're all going on saying 'hope you're happy now you've got what you want and will probably put Arrow out of business'. Plus people saying that The Beyond was initially pressed with Sepia intro's and had to be replaced by B&W ones

It's a case of if you don't know what you're talking about don't say anything at all.

I'm glad that Arrow are 'doing it right' now but the reputation damage has already been done now, it would have saved a lot of problems if they just did this in the first place - I was ready to hit Amazon with £50+ worth of cancellations this morning but had a change of heart, I am still in 2 minds though.

i noticed that too, the same people who where moaning and bitching about the six seconds and wanting to goto trading standards are some of the same ones moaning if arrow go out of business, these "people" don't care about arrow or the films as long as they have something to bitch about!

Like this? Share it using the links below!