Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Books, Magazines & Comics
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1691Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2011, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

This one is a prerequisite for members here, however(owners will know exactly what I'm about to say) just have plenty of sello-tape, glue and blu-tac ready cause it will absolutely fall to pieces if you so much as blow/look at it in the wrong way. Still, wouldn't be without my collection of loose pages, Is it me or could this do with an update/upgrade?

Mojo, Pete, Ninthangle and 2 others like this.
Old 28th July 2011, 10:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

found a Picador "flick book" of Frankenstein (Whale's 1 natch) and a "history" of the Frankenstein "mythos" (this is more appealing as it covers more ground...) full reviews to come as i just got these today!!

Old 30th July 2011, 03:53 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
found a Picador "flick book" of Frankenstein (Whale's 1 natch) and a "history" of the Frankenstein "mythos" (this is more appealing as it covers more ground...) full reviews to come as i just got these today!!

I've got the Picador "Frankenstein" and "Casablanca" too. I did have "Psycho" as well, but it seems to have vanished.

Picked up "Cinema Italiano" by Howard Hughes(!) today. Anyone read it?
Old 30th July 2011, 04:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
This one is a prerequisite for members here, however(owners will know exactly what I'm about to say) just have plenty of sello-tape, glue and blu-tac ready cause it will absolutely fall to pieces if you so much as blow/look at it in the wrong way. Still, wouldn't be without my collection of loose pages, Is it me or could this do with an update/upgrade?

Managed to keep my copy in near pristine condition. No idea how, possibly as its never on a shelf, its always about and never with things on top of it.
Old 30th July 2011, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

delete
Old 30th July 2011, 06:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Received these today and the Alex Cox book was signed by him
Old 31st July 2011, 10:21 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Managed to keep my copy in near pristine condition. No idea how, possibly as its never on a shelf, its always about and never with things on top of it.
That's quite an achievement 'Dem', had mine for over ten years, got it on release, was a shock when the first page fell out after about 6 months, nowadays it looks like a manuscript. My copies of Gore score and Psychotronic video guide are still going strong(if a little battered)
Old 1st August 2011, 12:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I've got the Picador "Frankenstein" and "Casablanca" too. I did have "Psycho" as well, but it seems to have vanished.

Picked up "Cinema Italiano" by Howard Hughes(!) today. Anyone read it?
michty!! keep us posted then....

me mythos book ( The Illustrated Frankenstein by John Stoker) is a veritable hoot as it covers nearly all versions, stage, tv and cinema versions, will finish it tonight probably, well worth the pittance i paid for it...now i have to find Duel of the Space Monsters!! harumph.
Old 4th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

FAB120.jpg

Flesh & Blood Volume 2: Cinema & Video for Adults, by Edited by Harvey Fenton at FAB Press Online
platostotal likes this.
Old 17th August 2011, 12:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
This one is a prerequisite for members here, however(owners will know exactly what I'm about to say) just have plenty of sello-tape, glue and blu-tac ready cause it will absolutely fall to pieces if you so much as blow/look at it in the wrong way. Is it me or could this do with an update/upgrade?

My own copy is looking more than a little worn and i've hardly been reading it on regular occasions. I think it's probably been years since i last checked out the above tome!

I'd go for a revised edition too so how about it, Brycie?

Like this? Share it using the links below!