Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2009, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes I can see Untold Story the unrated version passing today with a few cuts. The BBFC rejected the film in 1987 even though it was the heavily cut version they had passed for cinema release. Silly really as there wasn't much left of the film. But this of course was 1987 a notorious year for rejections.
Old 12th September 2009, 09:58 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Island Of Death (as Psychic Killer II) and the heavily cut Class Of 1984 were also rejected that year.
Old 13th September 2009, 07:39 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Curiously they did allow the cut version of Emanuelle in America to pass that year and also the very heavily cut version of Savage Streets. The BBFC just didn't seem to know what they were doing back then.
Old 13th September 2009, 02:15 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Was the snuff footage badly cut or was it the sex scenes that were cut in Emanulle , Angel.?

Were the cuts pre edited or BBFC cuts.?

Do you recon The Untold Story would lose whole scenes or just minor trimming to any offensive scenes , if submitted fully unrated today .?

Last edited by vipco; 13th September 2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 13th September 2009, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Was the snuff footage badly cut or was it the sex scenes that were cut in Emanulle , Angel.?

Were the cuts pre edited or BBFC cuts.?

Do you recon The Untold Story would lose whole scenes or just minor trimming to any offensive scenes , if submitted fully unrated today .?
The BBFC have never allowed any of the snuff footage scenes to pass here, either in 1977 or 1987. Not really surprising is it. Even today the scenes maybe problematic. Some of the sex scenes have been cut in the past, although mostly minimal cuts. In any case I don't think the uncut version of the film has ever been submitted to the BBFC, some of the hardcore stuff for a start has clearly been removed prior to film and video submission. The bestiality was cut for video. I very much doubt they would pass the scene today.

So some of the cuts were BBFC and some of it pre cut.

The bestiality in Untold Story would never get through. It's very explicit. And I can't see the BBFC passing the huge amount of hardcore in an exploitation film like this. It would be interesting to see but I can't see it happening. I saw the unrated version recently and the scenes are very strong. "Not justified by context" I would imagine is what they would say. The 9m of cuts the BBFC made to the version they saw in the early 80's would probably get through now though.
Old 14th September 2009, 09:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Did the BBFC not pass a horse scene before and give the rather witty reason as, 'the horse seemed to be enjoying it'. or something to that effect. ?
Old 14th September 2009, 11:16 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Did the BBFC not pass a horse scene before and give the rather witty reason as, 'the horse seemed to be enjoying it'. or something to that effect. ?
That's what I read on the Melon farmers, not sure what film they were referring to though or how detailed the scene was so I think it's probably best forgetting about it. However it would be interesting to hear from anyone here if they have seen such scenes, especially in recent years that the BBFC have passed. Ones that involve strong detail. Can't say I have seen any my self. The few that I have seen (eg Island of Death) are usually faked. It's been 22 years since the BBFC cut a scene.
Old 14th September 2009, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I didnt think the horse scene in The Untold Story was that explicit. The woman only rubs her hand up and down it's cock. It's nothing compared to the 'dog' scene in Emanuelle Around the World.

I actuallly hope the bbfc cut the orgy scene as it ruins the flow of the film.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter

Last edited by Pete; 14th September 2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 14th September 2009, 03:48 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

To date the BBFC haven't seen the ridiculous pig scene in Mountain Of The Cannibal God, though it would probably pass intact. Ditto for the masturbation scene from the same film. The only cuts to this now would be the animal footage.
Old 14th September 2009, 06:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, the animal footage in Mountain is extremely nasty.

Those scenes weren't available to VIPCO, just the BU version, though VIPCO, musta submitted a pretty strong version as the big lizard getting killed was left in, plus some scenes missing outta Eaten Alive. (native castration)

Like this? Share it using the links below!