Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Collecting Shameless
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th May 2008, 12:26 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Almar, Zavvi on Oxford Street are still selling them for ?8. The end of aisle stand is still there and there are loads more individual titles on the normal shelf. The selection on the aisle-end isn't brilliant with multiple copies of just a few titles, but the rest are on the shelves. Doesn't make sense though, when you've got slots for 12 different titles, why not fill them with 12 different titles rather than 3 x 4 titles.

Abaddon.
So there you go folks - It's still on somewhere! Thanks for the tip Abaddon.

It was always possible to order Shameless through Zavvi online so sadly I wouldn't read too much into that Vipco.

Mojo your suggestion of HMV is a good one but previously they weren't up for it but we'll see if they fancy doing something in the future. BTW - for everyone's info we're not allowed to ever suggest retail prices to anyone - that's legally known as price fixing so we can agree a price they buy form us at (teeny!) but what they then sell at is another matter out of our control.
Old 29th May 2008, 05:50 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Really? That's interesting. Which store is that? Would love to see a snap of it next time if you're out and about - I'm sure we can find a suitably dodgy DVD reward for you!
Hi Almar,

This is in the Middlesbrough store. I was in yesterday, and the display is [I]still[I] on the wall! I'll get a photo taken on my phone in the next few days and post it on here. Hmm, dodgy reward eh?!
Old 29th May 2008, 06:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats mad Almar, you cant put a price on your own hard work.? Thats disgraceful .

I wonder how much they pay for all the VIPCO VHS transfer disc's they oiked up to 20 quid when VIPCO decided to take a bit of a time out.?
Old 29th May 2008, 07:09 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw View Post
Hi Almar,

This is in the Middlesbrough store. I was in yesterday, and the display is [I]still[I] on the wall! I'll get a photo taken on my phone in the next few days and post it on here. Hmm, dodgy reward eh?!
Yup - I can see a spare Neighbours DVD from here...
Old 29th May 2008, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Thats mad Almar, you cant put a price on your own hard work.? Thats disgraceful .

I wonder how much they pay for all the VIPCO VHS transfer disc's they oiked up to 20 quid when VIPCO decided to take a bit of a time out.?
That's right,anything I buy in for the tile industry,the maufacturer's CAN'T put a rrp on things....or face accusations of price fixing as Almar says.....it's a cut throat business the old retail game.....
Old 29th May 2008, 11:46 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Yup - I can see a spare Neighbours DVD from here...
Ha ha, I took it with a pinch of salt mate, don't worry!

But the promotional display at Middlesbrough HMV is entirely genuine. I'll get that photo to you early next week. Your DVDs look fantastic on display, organised in synch around two copies of the latest Gorezone.
Old 30th May 2008, 09:42 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

This I really must see! I might even rake up a decent DVD - anything is possible!
Old 30th May 2008, 04:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Belfast main Zavvi still have the promo on but the only have 2 or 3 different titles left,several Black Cat, 2 Frightened Woman and not sure what the other 2 boxes were.
Old 30th May 2008, 04:56 PM
Cultist in Training

Hi Almar,

I've took two photos of the HMV display on my phone and put them on my desktop - I don't know how to attach them to a post on the forum though!

I've been told I need to register to an "album" site, or something? I've sent the photos as attachments via e-mail to almar@shameless.co.uk - although I have no idea if that's a valid e-mail address or not!

Please accept my apologies for my really poor knowledge of getting round a computer!

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I'll e-mail the photos to you ... alternatively, can you advise how I can get them on to a post on the forum?

Cheers!
Old 30th May 2008, 05:09 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Saw,

If you join Photobucket you can upload them there and then attach them by pressing the "Insert Image" icon when you're composing a post on here.

Hope that helps?

Like this? Share it using the links below!