Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Flavia The Heretic
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2008, 08:07 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Have you seen anyone else bothering their arse to release it uncut?
The ****ing gratitude of some people eh?
What more you want?-We get reversible covers trailers and decent pic quality...no wonder genre companies go tits up!
Why even bother when you've got attitudes like this
My sentiments exactly.

I've never quite worked out what difference the screen ratio makes if the film's any good.

I've got collectors editions of all the old Universal monster movies. Every single one is remastered in 4:3 and never once have I watched one and thought, "Golly, this film is great but I'll have to send it back because the screen shape does not suit my tastes!"

Old 1st February 2008, 08:09 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Thanks Reaper for the valiant defence but let's not start a storm in this teacup.

Flavia is meant to be anamorphic but I'm not going to be able to find out what the problem may be until Monday when we can talk to the manufacturers but the last thing we are here to do is make people angry. Well maybe about the sleeves but not the films

Shameless doesn't even support one full time job - it's a labour of love and I'm here answering on a Friday night because we give a shit! Flavia actually had a lot of attention in terms of quality issues so this is baffling but needs to be checked out.

I've yet to announce it but Frightened Woman is likely getting pushed back to April because of all the work being done on it including re-inserting scenes, comparing umpteen versions and yup - making it anamorphic!

So please bear with us for now and we'll get onto and see what the deal is
Old 1st February 2008, 08:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's annoying if the film was shot in widescreen and the presentation is 4.3 because it should be presented in widescreen. It doesn't have to anamorphic and all that jazz for me, so long as it's presented in it's orginal ratio that way your not missing details from the side like with pan and scan. If it's just a standard widescreen image you can usually adjust it on your tv so it's in widescreen or zoom format.
Old 1st February 2008, 08:14 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Fair do's mate,but you can see where if i'm coming from?
Old 1st February 2008, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah of course I can Reaper, I'm not that anal about anamorphic releases. So long as there presented in widescreen you can adjust your tv, my first version of New York Ripper was just 2.35 widescreen. I used to fiddle my tv. It does sound like a manufacturing fault though, Shameless could re release it again. Think of the dreaded Vipco, how many times did they re release their catalogue?
Old 1st February 2008, 08:22 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ah no hang on I know that Flavia is widescreen as I watched the DVD clone of the master - we'd never do pan and scan! The issue is whether the image is anamorphic so it'll automatically adjust to your TV set and that's what it should be doing because that's what we asked for!
Old 1st February 2008, 08:23 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I don't understand such posh concepts as "automatic". I still use a portable TV that has a 16:9 button on the remote so that I can change it as required.
Old 1st February 2008, 08:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Trying to say VIPCO were shite or something?
Old 1st February 2008, 08:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Well, yeah. To do Vipco some justice they did introduce me to many directors especially Itailian ones like Fulci and Lenzi. I bought all the Vipco Fulci titles, I have now of course upgraded to decent releases from Anchor Bay, Blue Undeground and Shriek Show. I'd love Shameless to put out Beatrice Cenci or Devils Honey. Anyway Vipco BAD Shameless GOOD!
Old 1st February 2008, 08:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I only collected the vipco titles 'cause of their lovely artwork-i'm a collector-that's what i do.....anyone think i'll get a fortune for the vipco collection in 10 years?....Seriously .....as collections go
SHAMELESSacross my shelves in yellow and red....now that's a collection

Like this? Share it using the links below!