All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree966Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2019, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
My mate is an Assassins Creed obsessive he completed everyone of the games 100% multiple times I lost interest after 2 and got back into them with Origins I love anything to do with Egypt.
Think why I like it more than origins is that navel combat is back and up to origins and this, black flag was my favourite, mind never played 3 so will see what it's like
Old 29th March 2019, 04:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think why I like it more than origins is that navel combat is back and up to origins and this, black flag was my favourite, mind never played 3 so will see what it's like
Funny enough I'm not a fan of the ship combat
Old 2nd April 2019, 06:55 PM
Cult Master

Favourite current gen games so far

Gears 4
I'm a massive Gears of War fan so more Gears is always awesome new characters but Marcus is there to make sure everyone is still kicking ass. One complaint is they shoe horned horde mode into the single player way too much but it's only a minor complaint.

Uncharted 4
like Gears I'm a massive fan of this series fantastic characters you really care for and a very interesting story and great action sequences. The game also boasts some of the finest graphics this gen.

God Of War
the move from Greek to Norse mythology was right up my street beautiful visuals great gameplay and the relationship between father and son was fantastic. A fantastic journey from start to finish.

Horizon Zero Dawn
strong kick ass female lead joint robot creatures beautiful world how could you not love this game.

Assassins Creed Origins
the last assassins creed game I seriously played before this was assassins creed 2 I did think I was finished with the series altogether until ubisoft decided to take a break and more or less reboot the series I said it give it a go and the fact it was in ancient Egypt just sweetened the deal. This game blew me away it looks amazing great characters the game looks beautiful and so alive. There is so much to do and every mission feels fresh and new even all the side quests and that a great achievement because there are a boat load of side missions and then some.

Murdered Soul Suspect
an underrated gem really interesting idea playing as a ghost trying to solve his own murder. The story is pretty dark and takes you to some dark places fantastic I was hooked from start to finish

Watch Dogs
after the whole downgrade with the graphics people just made their minds up about this game based on that alone which is a shame. Another complaint was the fact the main character was so downbeat and moody but considering what happened to his family can you blame him really. Fun gameplay great story had lots of fun with this and the dlc.

Watch Dogs 2
takes everything that was great about the first game and makes it even better. This time the mood was more upbeat but make no mistake there is some dark things going on here and some genuinely uncomfortable missions. I was worried the characters would be hipster dick bags but each character brings something to the story and I feLloyd in love with this all pretty soon after meeting them all. Tons of side missions and things to collect and discover its a game that keeps in giving. I hope rumours about 3 are true and it actually is in the works.

Doom
Fast fist pumping music breakneck gameplay ripping off demons limbs and blowing off faces how can you not love DOOM

TitanFall
it may have lacked single player but the multilayer was so addictive fast paced and just pure fun and I kicked ass at it not something I can say about many multilayer games.

TitanFall 2
Same kick ass multilayer but this time around we got a great single player not just a tacked on mess they really went all out here to give a proper experience. EA constantly shits on its fans but this is one game they had involvement in that was done properly.

Dying Light
Dying Light has some of the most intense gameplay I have ever experiences especially if you are caught far from home and night falls. You better run your ass off and never look behind you YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Another game with a fantastic soundtrack a perfect zombie soundtrack reminds me of Day Of The Dead soundtrack.

Dead Rising 3
Love love love loved dead rising when it first hit the 360 but I couldn't get into the second one for some reason so when 3 was released early in the xbox one life cycle I had to give it a shot and it did not disappoint more over-the-counter top crazy fun and just like Dying Light the soundtrack gave it that Day Of the Dead vibe. Strong characters great weapons plenty of humour but a real dark twisted undertone. Loads to do outside the main story with collectibles and a map you just want to explore.

Vampyr
Another game I went in expecting nothing but got a hell of a lot. It's a slow paced game with alot of dialogue but it's very interesting and as you investigate London it really does grip you until you solves the mystery of why you were chosen.

Detroit Become Human
This was like a really great movie more than a game and in a way it's pretty disturbing because soon this will not be science fiction it WILL be science fact. Engaging beautifully written story and characters this is a very touching experience of friendship hardship and a longing to just fit in be treated and an equal and belong.

The Witcher Wild Hunt
Massive beautiful world filled with life sex creatures sex monsters sex violence sex danger sex betrayal sex loss sex friendship sex fear sex poverty sex corruption sex magic sex witches sex and a great story and combat. Sexy combat

Red Dead Redeployment II
Rockstar rarely get it wrong oh wait they never get it wrong. Red Dead is amazing that's it BUY IT.

Crackdown 3
Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun orbs bloody orbs. Easy to get lost in the worldoor of crackdown mindless fun that will eat away at the hours.

Resident Evil 2 is didn't include remasters from the previous generation but I felt it was pointless but this is a complete remake so it just had to be there.

Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare I had zero interest in this game but my girlfriend picked it up for me the Xmas it released because it came with COD 4 but I ended up loving Infinite Warfare. The story was really deep andown sometimes emotional and moving plus it has one of the greatest video game soundtracks I have ever heard.

Call Of Duty WW2
I love anything World War 2 so it was very exciting when they announced Call Of Duty would go back. This yeme however they didn't just pick it as a setting they really explored it with a great story and like many WW2 story's of the actual events it really was an emotional experience it showed brotherhood and the sacrifice made my the troops of war instead of just glorifying war I know that seems like an odd thing to say when it's a video game but I feel it's hour duty to honor the people that sacrifice themselves in any war and they are treated with respect and here they did just that.

If I missed any I will return. These are just off the top of my head.

Excluding TitanFall all these games have fantastic single player experiences proving that single player is far from dead no matter what EA says.

No nintendo switch games made the list I haven't owned a switch long enough or have enough games to make the lIstanbul maybe in an updated list when I build my library up a bit.
trebor8273 and bleakshaun like this.

Last edited by Nordicdusk; 2nd April 2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 2nd April 2019, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Favourite current gen games so far

Gears 4
I'm a massive Gears of War fan so more Gears is always awesome new characters but Marcus is there to make sure everyone is still kicking ass. One complaint is they shoe horned horde mode into the single player way too much but it's only a minor complaint.

Uncharted 4
like Gears I'm a massive fan of this series fantastic characters you really care for and a very interesting story and great action sequences. The game also boasts some of the finest graphics this gen.

God Of War
the move from Greek to Norse mythology was right up my street beautiful visuals great gameplay and the relationship between father and son was fantastic. A fantastic journey from start to finish.

Horizon Zero Dawn
strong kick ass female lead joint robot creatures beautiful world how could you not love this game.

Assassins Creed Origins
the last assassins creed game I seriously played before this was assassins creed 2 I did think I was finished with the series altogether until ubisoft decided to take a break and more or less reboot the series I said it give it a go and the fact it was in ancient Egypt just sweetened the deal. This game blew me away it looks amazing great characters the game looks beautiful and so alive. There is so much to do and every mission feels fresh and new even all the side quests and that a great achievement because there are a boat load of side missions and then some.

Murdered Soul Suspect
an underrated gem really interesting idea playing as a ghost trying to solve his own murder. The story is pretty dark and takes you to some dark places fantastic I was hooked from start to finish

Watch Dogs
after the whole downgrade with the graphics people just made their minds up about this game based on that alone which is a shame. Another complaint was the fact the main character was so downbeat and moody but considering what happened to his family can you blame him really. Fun gameplay great story had lots of fun with this and the dlc.

Watch Dogs 2
takes everything that was great about the first game and makes it even better. This time the mood was more upbeat but make no mistake there is some dark things going on here and some genuinely uncomfortable missions. I was worried the characters would be hipster dick bags but each character brings something to the story and I feLloyd in love with this all pretty soon after meeting them all. Tons of side missions and things to collect and discover its a game that keeps in giving. I hope rumours about 3 are true and it actually is in the works.

Doom
Fast fist pumping music breakneck gameplay ripping off demons limbs and blowing off faces how can you not love DOOM

TitanFall
it may have lacked single player but the multilayer was so addictive fast paced and just pure fun and I kicked ass at it not something I can say about many multilayer games.

TitanFall 2
Same kick ass multilayer but this time around we got a great single player not just a tacked on mess they really went all out here to give a proper experience. EA constantly shits on its fans but this is one game they had involvement in that was done properly.

Dying Light
Dying Light has some of the most intense gameplay I have ever experiences especially if you are caught far from home and night falls. You better run your ass off and never look behind you YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Another game with a fantastic soundtrack a perfect zombie soundtrack reminds me of Day Of The Dead soundtrack.

Dead Rising 3
Love love love loved dead rising when it first hit the 360 but I couldn't get into the second one for some reason so when 3 was released early in the xbox one life cycle I had to give it a shot and it did not disappoint more over-the-counter top crazy fun and just like Dying Light the soundtrack gave it that Day Of the Dead vibe. Strong characters great weapons plenty of humour but a real dark twisted undertone. Loads to do outside the main story with collectibles and a map you just want to explore.

Vampyr
Another game I went in expecting nothing but got a hell of a lot. It's a slow paced game with alot of dialogue but it's very interesting and as you investigate London it really does grip you until you solves the mystery of why you were chosen.

Detroit Becoming Human
This was like a really great movie more than a game and in a way it's pretty disturbing because soon this will not be science fiction it WILL be science fact. Engaging beautifully written story and characters this is a very touching experience of friendship hardship and a longing to just fit in be treated and an equal and belong.

The Witcher Wild Hunt
Massive beautiful world filled with life sex creatures sex monsters sex violence sex danger sex betrayal sex loss sex friendship sex fear sex poverty sex corruption sex magic sex witches sex and a great story and combat. Sexy combat

Red Dead Redeployment II
Rockstar rarely get it wrong oh wait they never get it wrong. Red Dead is amazing that's it BUY IT.

Crackdown 3
Fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun orbs bloody orbs. Easy to get lost in the worldoor of crackdown mindless fun that will eat away at the hours.

Resident Evil 2 is didn't include remasters from the previous generation but I felt it was pointless but this is a complete remake so it just had to be there.

Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare I had zero interest in this game but my girlfriend picked it up for me the Xmas it released because it came with COD 4 but I ended up loving Infinite Warfare. The story was really deep andown sometimes emotional and moving plus it has one of the greatest video game soundtracks I have ever heard.

Call Of Duty WW2
I love anything World War 2 so it was very exciting when they announced Call Of Duty would go back. This yeme however they didn't just pick it as a setting they really explored it with a great story and like many WW2 story's of the actual events it really was an emotional experience it showed brotherhood and the sacrifice made my the troops of war instead of just glorifying war I know that seems like an odd thing to say when it's a video game but I feel it's hour duty to honor the people that sacrifice themselves in any war and they are treated with respect and here they did just that.

If I missed any I will return. These are just off the top of my head.

Excluding TitanFall all these games have fantastic single player experiences proving that single player is far from dead no matter what EA says.

No nintendo switch games made the list I haven't owned a switch long enough or have enough games to make the lIstanbul maybe in an updated list when I build my library up a bit.
Being human was by far my favourite game last year, such a beautiful and emotional story which you really care for the characters. The story was far better than a lot of the crap Hollywood turn out.

Hope the rumours of a spin off game with Hank and Connor are true.
Old 2nd April 2019, 08:47 PM
Cult Master

249534093.jpg

It been awhile but I'm back playing one of the greatest games ever made The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. The 4k update looks great on Xbox X really smooths out the game and the colours really pop. I love this game so many great memories playing it. I put 309 hours into this back in the day time we'll spent
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:07 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Attachment 213801

It been awhile but I'm back playing one of the greatest games ever made The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. The 4k update looks great on Xbox X really smooths out the game and the colours really pop. I love this game so many great memories playing it. I put 309 hours into this back in the day time we'll spent
Another 309 hours I take it

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 3rd April 2019, 09:49 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
Another 309 hours I take it

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Not this time I might just skip the 9
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 7th April 2019, 01:58 PM
Cult Master

Has anyone played Doom or Skyrim on the switch? If so are they worth getting.
Old 13th April 2019, 08:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This actually looks pretty good, a actually single player star wars game from EA with no micro transactions or online play.

Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 15th April 2019, 05:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
This actually looks pretty good, a actually single player star wars game from EA with no micro transactions or online play.

And they said single player was dead eating their words now ....

This looks great and the fact there is no BS involved makes it even more exciting. Fingers crossed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!