LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st March 2019, 03:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakshaun View Post
I'll get back in a while, this'll take some time

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
I made my list but I it's too big I'm trying to whittle it down a bit and pick games I didn't just enjoy but actually loved .
Old 1st March 2019, 05:14 PM
Cult Addict

For PS4 in no particular order:
Bloodborne
Nioh
Dark Souls 3
Resident Evil 7
Resident Evil 2
P.T. (rip Silent Hill)
Final Fantasy XV
Doom
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Broforce
Darkest Dungeon
The Binding of Isaac
Dragon Age Inquisition
Battlefield 1
Farcry 4
Warriors Orochi 4
Until Dawn
The Witcher
The Evil Within
The Evil Within 2

For Xbox One:
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3

download.jpeg
Nordicdusk and nosferatu42 like this.

Last edited by bleakshaun; 1st March 2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: More to fecking add to the fecking list. AARGH!
Old 1st March 2019, 05:46 PM
Cult Master

Great list nice to see Dead Rising 3 on there I loved it gets alot of shit for some reason the soundtrack is great. The dlc was so much fun the hyper mega alpha omega turbo championship edition things
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 1st March 2019, 06:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Great list nice to see Dead Rising 3 on there I loved it gets alot of shit for some reason the soundtrack is great. The dlc was so much fun the hyper mega alpha omega turbo championship edition things
It was such a hoot, pity it ain't on ps4

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 6th March 2019, 05:14 AM
Cult Master

Coming in April - 'Rape Day'... unless it gets banned, of course!

Sick computer game encourages players to 'harass, kill and rape women' during zombie apocalypse | Nottingham Post

"A sick video game that lets players take on the role of a "menacing serial killer rapist" during a zombie apocalypse could soon be available online.

'Rape Day', encourages players to "verbally harass, kill, and rape women as you choose to progress the story".

... it has been billed as a "choice-driven visual novel" that contains "violence, sexual assault, non-consensual sex, obscene language, necrophilia and incest," according to its description on Steam."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th March 2019, 01:47 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Coming in April - 'Rape Day'... unless it gets banned, of course!

Sick computer game encourages players to 'harass, kill and rape women' during zombie apocalypse | Nottingham Post

"A sick video game that lets players take on the role of a "menacing serial killer rapist" during a zombie apocalypse could soon be available online.

'Rape Day', encourages players to "verbally harass, kill, and rape women as you choose to progress the story".

... it has been billed as a "choice-driven visual novel" that contains "violence, sexual assault, non-consensual sex, obscene language, necrophilia and incest," according to its description on Steam."

Can't see this getting a wide release if it even does get a release. It's in pretty poor taste to put it mildly. Just a pointless shock value game to gain sales just for shock value alone.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 9th March 2019, 02:34 PM
Cult Master

rdr2-officialart-3840x2160.jpg

Red Dead 2 is a prequel to the first game where we take on the role of Arthur Morgan a member of the Van der Linde gang a band of men and women outlaws on the run after a big job goes sour and they are forced to flee into the mountains to avoid federal agents and bouncy hunters.

It will come as no surprise to anyone who has played a Rockstar game that the story telling is absolutely amazing it takes no lenght of time before we feel an attachment to the whole gang and even with the fact that these are all terrible men who have done terrible things in their lives but Rockstar manages to show the genuine human side of these people. No spoilers so best not to go into details on the story.

Visually Rockstar have knocked it out of the park once again the amount of detail is mind blowing from the environment the weather the mud on your clothes and having to maintain your weapons using gun oil and cleaning them to make sure they fire properly and the accuracy stays up to scratch. One of the most important characters in Red Dead is your horse it's actually crazy how attached I got to old Gretta throughout my journey. Horses need to be washed and fed to keep them functioning properly and thus maintaining your relationship with your horse. If there is wild life around d they may cause a threat your horse will react and it up to you to keep them calm and reassured. One more detail on the horse front is the balls of the male horses they will react to weather also shrivelling up when you go into the snow

On to the main character Arthur Morgan one of my favourite characters in all my years of gaming. He can be a homicidal maniac and then a soft caring man but loyalty is his main attribute he will do anything for his friends and even random strangers he is a deep complex character with many demons but he is a most likeable and relatable character.

The world of Red Dead is massive and I have only touched on the tip of the iceberg here but believe me this is a living breathing world that feels like when you are not playing it's still living.

So far so good and it's almost perfect but there is a downside to the size of the game and that is travelling. At first it's fantastic seeing new things doing random strangers missions but eventually it will wear thin when you are travelling from one side of the map to the other just for one short mission. There is a fast travel system but you must jump through some hoops before its available and even then there is a major catch. You can only travel one way to certain spots but make your own way back to camp. There were times I was travelling for 20 minutes before reaching my goal just a word of warning to anyone who is picking this up if there is anyone who hasn't picked it up yet that is

Red Dead 2 is a breathtaking amazing journey through the old West tons to do engaging story living breathing world hunting fishing poker black jack drinking fighting cooking camping and dancing the list goes on and on.

I got this game on day one but since the online was released I played about an hour and lost interest I may go back eventually but I don't see it .

Red Dead get an

9/10

The whole travel thing did annoy me as I said but everything else is done so perfectly that I wouldn't let it ruin the game.
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.
Old 9th March 2019, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been playing devil may cry 5, Capcom are really on a roll at the moment as it lives up to the reviews. Fast and fluid gameplay with each character playing differently. A lot more fast paced than resident evil two, and this point it's a bit early too tell which I like better. 9/10
Nordicdusk and bleakshaun like this.
Old 15th March 2019, 04:21 PM
Cult Master

Working my way through the spiderman dlc. I'm just staring the third and final part silver lining it is good but at 2 hours for each dlc I'm a little disappointed there is also a lot of filler going on to even pad out the 2 hours of gameplay. I will do a full spiderman review of the base game and dlc once I finish up later on.
bleakshaun likes this.
Old 15th March 2019, 10:03 PM
Cult Master

images.jpeg

Very late with this review and I did pick this up day one but other games got in the way of me finishing Spiderman. Maybe that's an early indication of how I felt about the game overall let's find out.

I don't want to go into the story too much because there are a few twists along the way but what I will say is that it's very well written and pretty engaging. Even of you do not care for the story itself it's very hard not to care about the characters all of which are very deep and interesting. Peters love for Aunt May is so strong you can feel it when ever he is with her or just talking about her it really is beautifully done. Just as beautifully done is the relationship between Peter and MJ it has more ups and downs than a roller coaster but you can also feel the love between them both. But those are just the relationships of Peter then there are the relationships of spiderman and there is a whole other kettle of fish between cops to random people who cheer him of from the streets below to the bad guys even though they are trying to kill him he always tries to forget some sort of relationship with them giving more meaning to your friendly neighbourhood spiderman

New York looks great especially when you are on the tallest building at night and the city it lit up with the skyscrapers and the neon lights below or when the sun is setting over the bay casting an orange tint over New York showing of some really great lighting effects.

It may come as no surprise in a spiderman game that spiderman himself is the best character in the game and my favourite part overall and it's not just the combat or how he swings around the city it's his jokes and his playful childishness that's really grabs you through many of the action sections and even just swinging about i found myself laughing loud at his dialogue and its not a handful of times it was constant they really nailed the spiderman from the comics I grew up with.

When it comes to the mission's and the combat problems start to arise for me and as much as I love the Batman Arkham games also I did start to get frustrated with the combat by the end of my time with the games. Yes there are new moves to be learned and unlocked but it really just feels a bit too samey to me and I just found myself using the same few moves all the time. There is little to no variation to the enemies also apart from clothes and a couple of bigger weapons the further into the game you are. No matter the gang or the villian these goons were working for they all had the same look and actions it was just a little too much copy and paste. Boss battles are great because there is variety but there was an odd case where when your fighting a boss they will just keep calling out waves of the exact same enemy you have fought a thousand times before.

On to the DLC

Within the dlc there are three different parts each was released separately so in my mind it I was thinking three different stories with three different villian but I was wrong this is a three part continuing story separate to the main story but each one is only two hours long and that to me is not value for money and if I had not gotten the ultimate edition with the dlc included at a heavy discount I would of been pissed off. The story of the dlc is very good but you are filming the same stupid enemies just bigger gun's and nicer suits Italian suits I may add This really could of released as just one peice of dlc there was absolutely no need to split is and it was an obvious money making scam ending each peice of dlc with the words TO BE CONTINUED forcing people into buying the next one if they wanted to see the conclusion of the story. It's a shitty practice but it's one that's all too familiar in modern gaming.

Despite the fact that the game has issues I did for the most part have alot of fun with it more enemy variety would seriously have bumped this game up and other point and when you spend alot of time in an open world game you need that variety to keep you coming back.

Spiderman gets a

7/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!