Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Gaming
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2010, 11:38 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
I'll throw this one out there. Do any of you 360 players fancy forming a clan made up of Cult Labs members? I used to have a lot of problems on Red Dead Redemption with people just trying to kill me as soon as I entered a public game.

But when me & my mates formed large posses, the others in the room were less inclined to mess with us & left us alone mostly.

Just thought if there was a few of us likeminded people playing together it might make the Live experience a little more pleasurably.
It would be nice not to get shot in the back as I'm trying to complete a challenge. Sounds good mate, I will join the Cult-Labs Posse sometime...

Three questions here guy's:

Anyone know the release date for UNDEAD NIGHTMARE?

Is the RED DEAD add-on packs worth buying? especially the "cheats and liars", and the "Legends" DLC?

Apparently I have a Strict NAT rating online with Xbox, It's not Open, Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? This would be a big help...
Old 14th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Thats a great idea KOW666. If anyone wants to add me on Xbox Live, my gametag is (naturally) iluvdvds! I don't have Red Dead Redemption, though.
Old 14th October 2010, 05:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Thats a great idea KOW666. If anyone wants to add me on Xbox Live, my gametag is (naturally) iluvdvds! I don't have Red Dead Redemption, though.
i'll add you Kyle...
Old 14th October 2010, 05:11 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Wahey!
Old 14th October 2010, 05:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

you'll know it's me because my gamer tag is the same as my username on here..
Old 14th October 2010, 05:41 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Looks like we both had the same idea then.

Btw - everytime I see your DP I cant help but smile. I luv that monkey!
Old 14th October 2010, 05:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

yeah i know, it's the best picture i've ever seen, it's like how the Apprentice should be done, id watch a monkey fire people...
Old 14th October 2010, 11:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Hi, You shouldn't miss out on playing Red Dead Redemption, It's a really great single player experience. If you only buy one Wild West style game, then this is probably the one to own. It might have dropped in price by now too, it's been out a good while now. I really enjoyed the game myself, but when it comes to this game and GTA 4, My all time favourite would be GTA 4 without question. Another amazing single player experience.
Old 15th October 2010, 03:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Nice one guys! Anyone who gets a request from kingovwitches, thats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
It would be nice not to get shot in the back as I'm trying to complete a challenge. Sounds good mate, I will join the Cult-Labs Posse sometime...

Three questions here guy's:

Anyone know the release date for UNDEAD NIGHTMARE?

Is the RED DEAD add-on packs worth buying? especially the "cheats and liars", and the "Legends" DLC?

Apparently I have a Strict NAT rating online with Xbox, It's not Open, Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? This would be a big help...
Hey Mahoney32

To answer your questions mate, the Undead Nightmare release date is 26th October.

As far as add-on packs, it depends what sort of experience you want. There's five:

Outlaws to the End. This pack includes six new cooperative side missions ranging from raiding a mine and stealing the gold to riding down a river to secure a town's weapon cache. New multiplayer challenges as well as new achievements are also included. This add-on is free.

Legends and Killers . This pack adds nine new multiplayer map locations, 8 new multiplayer characters from Red Dead Revolver, a tomahawk, and new challenges & achievements. This add-on is 800 MS.

Liars and Cheats. This pack consists of new competitive multiplayer modes such as "Attack and Defend" and horse racing, as well as multiplayer versions of Liar's Dice and Poker. Additionally players can play as the heroes and villains of the single player story in multiplayer, there's eight additional multiplayer characters & the Explosive Rifle. This pack also includes new challenges & achievements.
There was going to be a Free Roam Pack which has new modes, challenges, achievements and hideouts as well as leaderboards and a scoring system for multiplayer posses. But instead of releasing it seperately they included it with the Liars and Cheats pack.
This add-on is 800 MS.

Hunting and Trading. This features two new outfits for John Marston to use in the single player campaign and their associated challenges - both originally candidates in the GameStop Red Dead Referendum Pre-Order fan vote (the winner of which was The Deadly Assassin outfit). The outfits are:

The Savvy Merchant
This shrewd negotiator is able to get his hands on valuable firepower. Equip this outfit and buy guns and ammunition from any gunsmith for half the cost.

The Expert Hunter
Fears no beast, and emerges from the wilderness with valuable pelts and hides. Equip this outfit and receive double the amount of skins and hides from hunting.

In addition, the pack features a new animal, the elusive Jackalope. also it includes a compatibility update that allows players who do not have the Liars and Cheats Pack and/or the Legends & Killers Pack the ability to see other players that do, who are playing as characters from Red Dead Revolver or the Red Dead Redemption single player story. Of course, you still have to purchase, download and install the Liars and Cheats or Legends and Killers Packs if you want to play as those characters yourself. This pack is offered as a thank you from Rockstar, hence it's free.

Then of course Undead Nightmare. Details are sketchy but this much is known. The Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. It'll also contain:
New single player missions and challenges
8 new multiplayer zombie characters
Zombie animals unleashed into the world
New dynamic events
Brand new gameplay mechanics
Mythical creatures (the Four Horses of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Pestilence, Death)
A brand new secret location
New weapons (torch & Blunderbuss)
New multiplayer modes
3 new outfits: Zombie Hunter, Union Suit, and Legend of the Apocalypse
This add-on is 800 MS.

I've download all that are available so far but the one I probably could live without in my opinion is Legends and Killers.

As for your NAT rating, not sure on this one but there are a lot of topics on the net on how to solve this so hopefully you'll find the answer there.

Hope this has been of some help.

You make it easy.
Old 15th October 2010, 09:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post
Nice one guys! Anyone who gets a request from kingovwitches, thats me.

Hey Mahoney32

To answer your questions mate, the Undead Nightmare release date is 26th October.

As far as add-on packs, it depends what sort of experience you want. There's five:

Outlaws to the End. This pack includes six new cooperative side missions ranging from raiding a mine and stealing the gold to riding down a river to secure a town's weapon cache. New multiplayer challenges as well as new achievements are also included. This add-on is free.

Legends and Killers . This pack adds nine new multiplayer map locations, 8 new multiplayer characters from Red Dead Revolver, a tomahawk, and new challenges & achievements. This add-on is 800 MS.

Liars and Cheats. This pack consists of new competitive multiplayer modes such as "Attack and Defend" and horse racing, as well as multiplayer versions of Liar's Dice and Poker. Additionally players can play as the heroes and villains of the single player story in multiplayer, there's eight additional multiplayer characters & the Explosive Rifle. This pack also includes new challenges & achievements.
There was going to be a Free Roam Pack which has new modes, challenges, achievements and hideouts as well as leaderboards and a scoring system for multiplayer posses. But instead of releasing it seperately they included it with the Liars and Cheats pack.
This add-on is 800 MS.

Hunting and Trading. This features two new outfits for John Marston to use in the single player campaign and their associated challenges - both originally candidates in the GameStop Red Dead Referendum Pre-Order fan vote (the winner of which was The Deadly Assassin outfit). The outfits are:

The Savvy Merchant
This shrewd negotiator is able to get his hands on valuable firepower. Equip this outfit and buy guns and ammunition from any gunsmith for half the cost.

The Expert Hunter
Fears no beast, and emerges from the wilderness with valuable pelts and hides. Equip this outfit and receive double the amount of skins and hides from hunting.

In addition, the pack features a new animal, the elusive Jackalope. also it includes a compatibility update that allows players who do not have the Liars and Cheats Pack and/or the Legends & Killers Pack the ability to see other players that do, who are playing as characters from Red Dead Revolver or the Red Dead Redemption single player story. Of course, you still have to purchase, download and install the Liars and Cheats or Legends and Killers Packs if you want to play as those characters yourself. This pack is offered as a thank you from Rockstar, hence it's free.

Then of course Undead Nightmare. Details are sketchy but this much is known. The Pack will feature an entirely new single-player campaign that follows John Marston as he tries to find a cure for the highly infectious zombie plague that has spread across the frontier. It'll also contain:
New single player missions and challenges
8 new multiplayer zombie characters
Zombie animals unleashed into the world
New dynamic events
Brand new gameplay mechanics
Mythical creatures (the Four Horses of the Apocalypse: War, Famine, Pestilence, Death)
A brand new secret location
New weapons (torch & Blunderbuss)
New multiplayer modes
3 new outfits: Zombie Hunter, Union Suit, and Legend of the Apocalypse
This add-on is 800 MS.

I've download all that are available so far but the one I probably could live without in my opinion is Legends and Killers.

As for your NAT rating, not sure on this one but there are a lot of topics on the net on how to solve this so hopefully you'll find the answer there.

Hope this has been of some help.
Thanks for taking the time to write this excellent information on Red Dead redemption. It's been very helpful to me. I recently downloaded all the stuff you've listed here, apart from The Zombie DLC. Liars and cheats seems to be the best DLC for the game so far, been killed by that Exploding rifle already. You don't stand much of a chance against that weapon. Undead Nightmare looks fantastic, theres a new trailer for the game available to download now. Looking forward to taking on the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, and thats just one element of the DLC! 800MSP is not to bad for all that. thanks again...

Hey Vipco, have you played this game yet? Check it out if you haven't yet, it's a great game.

Like this? Share it using the links below!