Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Phurious 29th September 2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 185770)
Radioactive Dreams needs a DVD release ASAP, i saw it years ago on some TV channel at about 2 in the morning.

Never actually seen it. Only read about it. Love the premise and Albert Pyun is one of my fave 80s B Movie directors - so hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Daemonia 29th September 2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 185706)
I've got The Thing on HD-DVD, is it just a re-formatting of the same disc on BD?

I actually think the HD DVD looks slightly better than the BD, but I could be wrong. Might just be a hardware thing, maybe HD DVD pl;ayers were better quality than BD players? Who knows. But I did hear a rumour that Universal had been 'tweaking' the transfers again before putting them out on BD. Might even be extra DNR, not sure. Whatever, it still looks amazing on BD,but it does leave me kind of wishing I'd hung on to the HD DVD as, to my eyes at least, it looks crisper and sharper with more detail on the HD DVD.

In fact, back when I was enjoying HD DVD, every single HD DVD I watched blew me away with its quality. Blu-ray has been a bit of a mixed bag so far. I just think that with the format war long over the studios have become lazy with the absence of any hi-def optical disc competition.

Phurious 29th September 2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 185773)
Do you know if Possession is uncut ?

According to Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Possession (1981) these guys it is uncut.

sawyer6 29th September 2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 185777)
According to Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Possession (1981) these guys it is uncut.

Thank you:)

Pete 29th September 2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 185768)
Some videos slammed the doormat and the DVDs I picked up in Fopp.

How many VHS tapes have you got, P?

Beyond72 29th September 2011 03:32 PM

Scanners

Night of the Living Dead - My Third copy, thankfully this version has the original score. - 50p. :lol:

Phurious 29th September 2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 185784)
How many VHS tapes have you got, P?

Not many at all really, just shy of 100. When DVDs came out I stupidly jettisoned all of my old tapes (600+), so over the last few years I've been picking up the odd one here and there, as and when. The last year though I've been having a terrible nostalgia phase (probably due to having a son who is reminding me of my own mortality ;) ).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th September 2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 185707)

(I haven't bought Halloween or Evil Dead on BD yet either!)

So, a week ago, you didn't have The Thing, Halloween or The Evil Dead BDs -- I'm shocked, shocked I tells ya!

Well, one down, two to go.

Rik 29th September 2011 06:20 PM

I don't own any of those 3 on blu ray yet, but in my defence I've only had a player since the start of last month and am still a bit reluctant to upgrade all my many DVDs to HD

Violence is Italian Art

Slippery Jack 29th September 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 185768)
Some videos slammed the doormat and the DVDs I picked up in Fopp.

How much was Possession? Wouldn't mind having that in my collection. Hope you got Down Terrace for not much more than a quid - it's a Poundland favourite :nod: . . .