Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

eNoize 28th February 2010 04:36 PM

LOL. I probably should have typed the year next to it. :tongue1:

Watched The House of the Devil last night. Not bad homage about those old flicks with murderous devil worshipers. It stars Tom Noonan and Mary Woronov. The movie has its moments of cool visuals and some mystery.

antmumford 28th February 2010 06:45 PM

Today I did my usual rummage at HMV and managed to pick up:

Hardware (Special Edition) - It came with Artcards & a Booklet which contains notes by Kim Newman and a 2000AD's Shok! Comic strip. Nice little package, never heard of this film so don't know what to expect but looks good to me.

Red Dust - Another I've not heard of but looks like it could be good. Was only £3. It's a politcal thriller starring Hilary Swank. Based on the true story of the apartheid atrocities in South Africa.

Reservoir Dogs (Limited 2 Disc Collectors Edition Petrol Can Case) - I love this film, already own the standard 1 disc, the 2 disc limited collectors edition (Mr. Pink) which came in a nice cardboard set up and now this one. I'm a sucker for packaging.

The Good, The Bad and The Weird (2 disc Special Edition) - This looks like a bit of a laugh, been meaning to see it for a while and it was only a fiver so thought I'd just grab it.

My HMV purepoints are slowly but surely increasing. Hoping to have enough for a cool holiday or something next year.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th February 2010 08:01 PM

Hardware's a great film ant. :nod: Plays out like a low budget, dystopian Terminator. :biggrin:

antmumford 28th February 2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 65026)
Hardware's a great film ant. :nod: Plays out like a low budget, dystopian Terminator. :biggrin:

Just started watching it now, it's got a very Fallout 3 feel to it. Like what I see so far :D

DeadAlive 28th February 2010 08:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A bit of a Hong Kong frenzy......

The Eunuch
The Bells Of Death
The Manchu Boxer
The Tantana

All featuring Sammo Hung to some extent

The Occupant
Spiritual Love

Featuring Chow Yun Fat.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 28th February 2010 10:38 PM

Ordered Philosophy Of A Knife the other day. Anyone else seen it?

vincenzo 28th February 2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 65043)
Ordered Philosophy Of A Knife the other day. Anyone else seen it?

Afraid so. It's immensely boring and goes on forever. Did nothing for me in the slightest.

The BBFC would not be amused with this one. Providing they manage to stay awake all the way through.

Daemonia 1st March 2010 12:14 AM

Watched the BD of Goodfellas and it looked stunning. It's an essential for my Blu-ray collection, one of Scorsese's best.

Caught True Romance on Blu-ray earlier and the transfer is gorgeous, the very best I've ever seen it look. Top marks to Warner.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st March 2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 65045)
Afraid so. It's immensely boring and goes on forever. Did nothing for me in the slightest.

The BBFC would not be amused with this one. Providing they manage to stay awake all the way through.

Yeah, that's what a lot of review said, Vince. I was hoping they'd all be lying! :laugh: Damn it! Oh well, I'm sure there'll be something interesting in there. I heard that a cockroach is shoved into a womans woohoo, which sounds very disgusting to say the least. Sounds like an interesting film, nevertheless. Four hours though!

Also ordered the double bill of Beast Of The Yellow Night and Keep My Grave Open, Dawn Of The Living Dead as well as Zombie Honeymoon!

antmumford 1st March 2010 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 65047)
Watched the BD of Goodfellas and it looked stunning. It's an essential for my Blu-ray collection, one of Scorsese's best.

Caught True Romance on Blu-ray earlier and the transfer is gorgeous, the very best I've ever seen it look. Top marks to Warner.

That's good to know as True Romance is one of my all time favourites. Will have to add this to my Blu-Ray wishlist :D