Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree150944Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14521  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:19 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #14522  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:26 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Land of the Prince Bishops
Blog Entries: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites
I tried to sell I Spit on Your Grave I think it was that one anyway but eBay removed the listing and gave me a warning for selling a DVD of a film which contains a rape scene.

I thought that was utterly ridiculous as there were numerous DVDs, such as Irreversible and American History X (and, like you say, I Spit on Your Grave) which contained a rape scene.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14523  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:29 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Argent is Shameless parent label but they have nothing to do with Arrow.
I must have got my labels mixed up.
Reply With Quote
  #14524  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:30 PM
Pete's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Liverpool
Blog Entries: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
This is kind of like what happened to me last weekend. I listed the first uk DVD of ISOYG on eBay and had the listing removed a day later because apparently it breaches their rules, even though there was 5 more copies on there, and more uncut versions too. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to point this fact out to them, hypocrites
They removed my copy of FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE because apparently someone complained about it.

Silly *****, they've no problem with the million copies of films like Cannibal Holocaust/Ferox, which contain genuine animal cruelty, floating around ebay but don't like the fact there is a film with fake violence.
__________________


Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #14525  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:33 PM
Handyman Joe's Avatar
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

Trying to police the internet like this is ridiculous, do these fools think we only shop at one location? It's the illegal downloaders that film companies should be targeting, not folk buying a product which happens to originate from another country. In an age where less and less people are bothering with physical media it seems incredible that barriers are still being put in front of genuine fans. The laws will eventually change, but by then there will be nobody around to care.
Reply With Quote
  #14526  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:39 PM
Handyman Joe's Avatar
Active Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
They removed my copy of FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE because apparently someone complained about it.

Silly *****, they've no problem with the million copies of films like Cannibal Holocaust/Ferox, which contain genuine animal cruelty, floating around ebay but don't like the fact there is a film with fake violence.
I had Snuff and Faces of Death knocked back umpteen times despite everyone knowing they are obsolete, faked nonsense. Meanwhile the likes of Nekromantik and the Toetag stuff flies through. It's like Grahame Bright never went away!
Reply With Quote
  #14527  
Old 30th March 2012, 05:45 PM
Rik's Avatar
Rik Rik is offline
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Halifax,UK
Default

And to make matters worse there's a guy selling the exact same DVD with only a couple of days left of a seven day auction, I wonder why his listing hasn't been removed. There's even a copy of the Elite Uncut DVD on there! I'm not in no rush to get rid of it as I know I'll only get a couple of quid for it, it's the principal of it all that's pissing me off. At the end of the day this film is readily available in the high street and if you are searching for it then you know what it's about!
__________________
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Reply With Quote
  #14528  
Old 30th March 2012, 06:15 PM
bdc's Avatar
bdc bdc is offline
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium
Default

More arrivals from "over there"...

Black Cat 2: Assassination of President Yeltsin - Legendary Collection (1992)
You Bet Your Life - Legendary Collection (1991)
Handsome Siblings (1992) (Mei Ah)
Untold Story 2, The (1998) (Mei Ah)
Hell Has No Boundary - Shaw Brothers Collection (1982) (IVS)



Reply With Quote
  #14529  
Old 30th March 2012, 07:05 PM
keirarts's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Barrow-in-furness
Blog Entries: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Trying to police the internet like this is ridiculous, do these fools think we only shop at one location? It's the illegal downloaders that film companies should be targeting, not folk buying a product which happens to originate from another country. In an age where less and less people are bothering with physical media it seems incredible that barriers are still being put in front of genuine fans. The laws will eventually change, but by then there will be nobody around to care.
Exactly. The only thing argent are achieving is alienating their own customer base. In the internet age, the item that sells best is the one that is of the highest quality.
Reply With Quote
  #14530  
Old 30th March 2012, 07:05 PM
The Reaper Man@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Glasgow
Default

You speaking fluent Mandarin yet Bruno?
__________________

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.