Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 4th June 2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 247734)
You bought three of the same two movies? :tongue1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 247739)
I certainly did. It feel strange i'm not angry at all :loco:

Get three telly's and three DVD players and watch them next to each other, and you can see the films in 6D!

Demoncrat 4th June 2012 03:31 PM

Me ATCOTDark has shipped, so that's nice.....;)

Slippery Jack 4th June 2012 03:48 PM

Bank Holiday in a Garden Centre with the folks, and still I'm on the cult films hunt! They had a branch of The Works, and got Sir Henry at Rawlinson End for £1.99 :rockon: . . .

Demoncrat 4th June 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 247749)
Bank Holiday in a Garden Centre with the folks, and still I'm on the cult films hunt! They had a branch of The Works, and got Sir Henry at Rawlinson End for £1.99 :rockon: . . .

Score! Decent comm as well....

Slippery Jack 4th June 2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 247751)
Score! Decent comm as well....

Mark Riley on BBC 6Music was playing extracts from the narration each night on his show the other week and caught my attention. Other than that I know very little about it . . .

it'smebilly 4th June 2012 04:19 PM

Gave up on HME order and ordered Blue Underground Deep Red on blu ray. I will pick the Arrow release up at some point as well.

what is the general consensus on the Arrow Deep Red?

Demoncrat 4th June 2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 247752)
Mark Riley on BBC 6Music was playing extracts from the narration each night on his show the other week and caught my attention. Other than that I know very little about it . . .

It's an acquired taste really, don't get me wrong, the antics of this particular brood are a veritable lexicon of derangement ahem. Keep us posted.......:)

bdc 4th June 2012 06:40 PM

I really wouldn't know as I've never bought any of their bd's since they are region A (I think). ;)
Just assumed they were upscaled because of the comments made in the previous post.

Found this positive review btw:

A CHINESE GHOST STORY blu-ray review « couchpotatofarm

I think it's Fortune Star themselves who supply the masters to Kam?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 06:47 PM

As I already own the others on BD, I managed to resist the temptation of the David Lynch box set, ordering Eraserhead, Lost Highway and Dune.

nekromantik 4th June 2012 08:09 PM

Most of the disks in the Lynch set are barebones and 2 of them are 1080i according to bluray.com members!

I got Blue Velvet from US and will wait for a SE Blu of Wild at Heart.

I just pre ordered ET Blu steelbook!
Will order Jaws steely soon too.