Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

ArgentoFan1987 25th October 2012 08:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 285972)
Back to topic, I got the pre-order bug after seeing this.....

Attachment 88073

Must have missed the thread on here publicising this bad boy! I already own the nouvoux releases of this and amsterdamnned but an upgrade is more than likely. Just hope Argent let me sell my old copies to fund them.

I've got an earlier release of this film Attachment 88076Attachment 88077

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2012 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piraterob (Post 285873)
by the way does anyone have so many films they cant remember them all so has to keep a book with all the titles in?

I don't have a book with all the films I own, using DVD Profiler (my collection) instead, but even that doesn't work as I've bought a couple of DVDs without realising I already have them!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th October 2012 10:09 AM

Amazon.ca shipped my Blade Runner Special Edition Blu-ray set last night and it's already gone from Ontario to Cincinnati and will shortly be shipped from there to Darlington.

platostotal 25th October 2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 286025)
I don't have a book with all the films I own, using DVD Profiler (my collection) instead, but even that doesn't work as I've bought a couple of DVDs without realising I already have them!

I can get brain freeze while looking at dvds, I can stand in a shop for ages not being able to remember if I own the film or not, I just kinda lock-up until I decide.

Baseball Fury 25th October 2012 10:37 AM

Me too, and based on current C&E ex rates, it's £14.59, so we should be gold regarding customs fees too!

keirarts 25th October 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 (Post 285983)
I've got an earlier release of this film Attachment 88076Attachment 88077

I have it already, but this release from shameless is promising to be better quality and restored with the directors supervison. Just a shame we don't get a blu-ray.

demonknight 25th October 2012 02:52 PM

Deep Rising/The Puppet Masters bluray arrived today from the US.

ArgentoFan1987 25th October 2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 286097)
I have it already, but this release from shameless is promising to be better quality and restored with the directors supervison. Just a shame we don't get a blu-ray.

Hmmm. I wonder if its with getting the Shameless release as well.

Wes 25th October 2012 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 286025)

I keep a list of all my DVDs and Blus and it often comes in handy especially when you forget what you have... I was scrolling thru it earlier, and spotted The Osterman Weekend, thinking I must watch that over the weekend...

Handyman Joe 25th October 2012 04:06 PM

I'm getting hit with customs/royal mail charges every time I order from the USA, I just can't import from Amazon anymore. Can I ask everyone what their experience has been like recently, regarding customs charges?. I avoided them for over 10 years and all of a sudden, these past few months, I'm a marked man. Either they've been tightening up over at customs or when your name comes up you're screwed for good. While I'm at it, any of you ex Planet Axel guys (or gals, but I don't want to sound like Jimmy Savile!) out there found a comparable new site? They are greatly missed.