Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Mojo 1st November 2012 01:40 PM

The Invisible Man

As well as being another stunning print ( surely this Universal set has to be one of the BD releases of the year ) some of the 'invisible' effects are astonishing, particularly when you consider how long ago this was made. Stuff your CGI!

The Mummy's Shroud

Continuing on my attempt to recreate the BBC horror double bills, we move onto what is arguably Hammer's second best Mummy movie ( well, I think it is anyway! ). No sound or picture quality issues here, the print looks superb. For my money, this is the best looking Hammer Blu-ray since Quatermass And The Pit. Why can't they all be like this?

BAKA 1st November 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 288553)
Pounced on the half price Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble and got:

Rosemary's Baby
Harold & Maude
Shock Corridor

Some great sounding extras on all of those. Can't wait . . .

I'm hugely tempted to order some stuff myself. But customs is putting me off >_<. Are you not worried about customs, or have you ordered everything seperately? It's the Samurai Trilogy I'm interested in most, but can see myself getting stung.

I'd also need to buy a plump for a region free Blu-ray player, but I was planning to at the end of the year anyway.

Hawkmonger 1st November 2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 288553)
Pounced on the half price Criterion sale at Barnes & Noble and got:

Rosemary's Baby
Harold & Maude
Shock Corridor

Some great sounding extras on all of those. Can't wait . . .

At 50% off, I also ordered Rosemary's Baby and the 39 Step's. these will be my second and third Criterion title's respectively.:rockon:

PaulD 1st November 2012 02:34 PM

How much is each Criterion bluray inducing shipping from there?

demonknight 1st November 2012 03:39 PM

Received Men in Black 1-3 Alien pack limited edition Bluray yesterday. Haven't seen any of the blu's yet,as it's still sealed,but the packaging is nice. Got it from amazon.de.

Slippery Jack 1st November 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 288556)
I'm hugely tempted to order some stuff myself. But customs is putting me off >_<. Are you not worried about customs, or have you ordered everything seperately?

I ordered without thinking about customs, then I read this thread, panicked, and cancelled two of them :mmph: . . .

BAKA 1st November 2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 288590)
I ordered without thinking about customs, then I read this thread, panicked, and cancelled two of them :mmph: . . .

Oh dear, I feel bad now. Even more so as I read someone on Blu-ray.com mention that they have in the past marked blu-rays as books, and therefore they don't incur customs fees. Although I can't really verify if that's true or that B&N still do this.

I'm going to order something to test it out though. It's a shame the sale will likely end before I find out for certain.

Jinx_Barkman 1st November 2012 04:29 PM

Picked this up yesterday on the cheap.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

If anyone is going to order from B&N I have a 15% off one item coupon you can use. I'll give it to whoever is the first to respond.:)

gag 1st November 2012 04:35 PM

What horror mags that and what the cost looks good might buy

ArgentoFan1987 1st November 2012 04:50 PM

It's the SFX horror special. I bought their Anime special a few months ago. I've only read the first 'chapter' of the horror mag and its really good.