Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Rik 26th February 2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 324354)
Has anyone noticed the blu ray release of carrie has been put back, sure it was next month but amazon now have it at the end of December and sainsburys 30th os September, anyone know why?

Probably to coincide with the remake

it'smebilly 26th February 2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 324354)
Has anyone noticed the blu ray release of carrie has been put back, sure it was next month but amazon now have it at the end of December and sainsburys 30th os September, anyone know why?

The remake has been put back also. It was supposed to be coming march or April but is now set for an October stateside release. I'm sure it'll be something to do with that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Zann 26th February 2013 08:26 PM

Southern Comfort

Great movie, sublime Ry Cooder score and a simple yet nuanced story. Prefer it to Warriors which can seem daft and overly camp all these years later.

keirarts 26th February 2013 09:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 101494

A firm favourite of mine, i'm interested to see if its the same print used as the old dvd release because the opening scene has always looked cut to me. Its a great little movie and I like the katerina discs.

keirarts 26th February 2013 09:23 PM

Watched my way through FROM BEYOND. It looks lovely on blu and while a portion of the features are carried over from the dvd its still got a lot to see. Loved the interview with barbara crampton who still looks hot today!

The film itself is fantastic, with lots of perverse and weird sexuality rearing its head. Cramptons buttoned down psychiatrist getting into fetish gear, Ken foree in his y-fronts wrestling the giant phallic monster in the basement, even the lurid color scheme helps add to the unsettling yet weirdly compelling tone of the film, which veers from arousal to disgust pretty rapidly.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th February 2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 324307)
Ordered it yesterday :)

Didn't even recognize DOlph with that black barnett!
Any good this film?

Stephen@Cult Labs 26th February 2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 324393)
Didn't even recognize DOlph with that black barnett!
Any good this film?

You've NEVER seen it????? shocking.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th February 2013 09:51 PM

Never!

Justin101 27th February 2013 10:34 AM

Had one of those moments last night and spontaneously bought the American Blu-Ray of Bob Clark's A Christmas Story...

One of those films that's never getting a European HD release!

Justin101 27th February 2013 02:12 PM

Just cancelled Game of Thrones Season 2 with Amazon because Sainsbury's was £6.00 cheaper! That's almost a whole film's worth of money :lol:

£29.99 Sainsbury (plus 58 Nectar points)
£36.00 Amazon