Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151404Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2013, 07:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's no wonder some of you guys have big collections, the charity shops are wastelands around here. In fact there's very few places to buy DVDs at the moment in Cork. HMV went to the wall, and many of the stores of the rental chain Xtravision closed down. The only place you can buy DVDs at the moment is at Golden Discs... not sure what that would translate to in the UK... maybe Our Price from a few years ago - basically, a music store for people who don't like music. It's all a bit depressing really...
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 07:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
picked up the final fantasy's in a charity shop for 50p each and the others came in todays post, i monster i replacement for damaged one i got from zoverstocks, strange thing i haven't gotten around to posting it back to them yet.
Kudos on the FF games!!! I have 3 copies of each of those (just in case something went wrong, I'd have a back-up!)
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 07:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Once I took some DVDs into CEX only to check my receipt and they'd actually given me NOTHING - that's £0.00 - for one of them - what do they think it is, a frikkin charity??

Where DO you get the best deals for trading in? Cash Convertors, Cash Generator or CEX?

Also, I would've taken the receipt back to the counter and said "you see that DVD you've just given me £0.00 for? Give us it back!
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 08:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

We need to talk about Kevin finally arrived today. An extraordinary film.
bdc, SharonLynette and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
Where DO you get the best deals for trading in? Cash Convertors, Cash Generator or CEX?

Also, I would've taken the receipt back to the counter and said "you see that DVD you've just given me £0.00 for? Give us it back!
I couldn't be bothered, plus it was only a cheap DVD anyway!

In terms of where to sell, if you're selling to CEX, you can check what you'd be offered on their website. Not traded in Cash Generator/Convertors so can't really say
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Kidnapped, People Under The Stairs & Invasion of the Body Snatchers (not horrible steelbook) pre-ordered and paid for whilst the offers on!

Received The Car in the post this morning also, speedy delivery from oaxaca.
bdc, SharonLynette and troggi like this.

Last edited by Edgeworth; 4th September 2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
My local Cash Generator gives 35p per DVD no matter what it is. Which isn't great. (for blu rays they check amazon.co.uk and they give you 40% of the price on there). Sometimes you get even less at CEX - so its always worth checking on their site - but often they give a better price. Never tried Cash Converters.
Actually thinking about it it might have been cash generator, never been in there before. They gave me 20p each for one pile and 30p each for another and then a £1 a boxset. Don't get me wrong it's better than a kick in the teeth but it does chaff a little when I consider what they all cost. I sold the original Universal Monsters dvds that came out about ten years ago that I picked up in HMV for £18 each. They gave me 20p each.
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Actually thinking about it it might have been cash generator, never been in there before. They gave me 20p each for one pile and 30p each for another and then a £1 a boxset. Don't get me wrong it's better than a kick in the teeth but it does chaff a little when I consider what they all cost. I sold the original Universal Monsters dvds that came out about ten years ago that I picked up in HMV for £18 each. They gave me 20p each.
Sadly, dvds have little value these days unless they're relatively new releases.
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 09:44 PM
Cult Addict

No true enough. Some of the stuff on the shelves dvd wise was going for peanuts.
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 10:09 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 119445

The VCI blu-ray of Bird with the crystal plumage. Allyourmusic have it on marketplace for £9.93.

Ordered it! Really looking forward to checking out this release. If it delivers the goods it should have one up on even the Blue underground release.
"Worth seeing" is the best quote they could come up with!? Lol but definitely one I need to get on blu at some point.
troggi likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!