Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151402Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2013, 09:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Pre-order time at importcds for the September 24th Olive releases...

Especially interested in seeing TAM LIN, a horror from 1970 starring Lovejoy himself and directed by Roddy McDowell !?!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 4th September 2013, 10:49 AM
Cult Addict

Went to Brighton and picked these up in second hand shops.

mbd.jpg£3 Great film!

kolobos.jpg£1 Remember liking this when it first came out.

the-devils.jpg£5 Not a great copy but includes the 'rape of christ' scene so i thought it was worth getting to accompany my BFI release.

These arrived from Amazon.

sphynx.jpg elim.jpg

sugar.jpg
Old 4th September 2013, 11:48 AM
Cult Addict

birdwith.jpg

The VCI blu-ray of Bird with the crystal plumage. Allyourmusic have it on marketplace for £9.93.

Ordered it! Really looking forward to checking out this release. If it delivers the goods it should have one up on even the Blue underground release.
Old 4th September 2013, 11:51 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Attachment 119445

The VCI blu-ray of Bird with the crystal plumage. Allyourmusic have it on marketplace for £9.93.

Ordered it! Really looking forward to checking out this release. If it delivers the goods it should have one up on even the Blue underground release.
What would make it better than the BU release?
Old 4th September 2013, 11:57 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
What would make it better than the BU release?
The word from VCI themselves is that they were going back to the source materials and doing an all new master that Should look better than the already good quality blue underground release. Now it's easy enough for a studio to make this claim, and it does not mean it will be, but given VCI's track record bringing stuff to Blu it might not be an idle claim.
PaulD and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 01:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The word from VCI themselves is that they were going back to the source materials and doing an all new master that Should look better than the already good quality blue underground release. Now it's easy enough for a studio to make this claim, and it does not mean it will be, but given VCI's track record bringing stuff to Blu it might not be an idle claim.
Good news so for the folks who missed the BU Blu. I did manage to snag the BU before it went out of print and I'm pretty pleased with it. Bird With The Crystal Plumage is the one Argento you can show with confidence to even the most staunchest Horror movie cynic, it's that good...
Old 4th September 2013, 01:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Bird With The Crystal Plumage is the one Argento you can show with confidence to even the most staunchest Horror movie cynic, it's that good...
It's a great mystery film as well.
Old 4th September 2013, 01:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, that so called trilogy of animal films was great, and fascinating to watch nowadays seeing them lead to Deep Red. I'm still considering whether to lay down the 40 bucks for the German Four Flies on Grey Velvet Blu...
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 4th September 2013, 01:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, that so called trilogy of animal films was great, and fascinating to watch nowadays seeing them lead to Deep Red. I'm still considering whether to lay down the 40 bucks for the German Four Flies on Grey Velvet Blu...
£40 is expensive for ANY DVD! The only time I've spent more that £15 on a film was for The Story of Film steelbook.

I've not yet seen Four Flies or Cat o' Nine Tails.
troggi likes this.
Old 4th September 2013, 02:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
£40 is expensive for ANY DVD! The only time I've spent more that £15 on a film was for The Story of Film steelbook.

I've not yet seen Four Flies or Cat o' Nine Tails.
Both Argento's are great, well worth seeing, and yes you're right of course about spending all that dough on a Blu. I'm sure it will get a much more feasible Stateside release sometime... or maybe Shameless might revisit it one day...
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!