Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th May 2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 489442)
It's been a long time since I last saw Diary of the Dead (I think I've seen it three times, with the first being on my birthday at the cinema) and really rated it – I think it's as good as Land of the Dead with as much social commentary and an interesting construct.

I actually prefer Diary to Land. I'm not overly keen on Land to be honest and consider it to be Romero's weakest 'Dead' film after Survival.

J Harker 11th May 2016 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 489439)
I got Avengers Assemble for £6.00 from CEX yesterday and it turned out to be the 3D/2D double pack in the case for the standard 2D version so I have ended up with my first 3D film for if I ever buy a 3D TV set (probably not going to happen) [emoji38] I also got Romero's Diary of the Dead for £1.50 on BD, I've only seen it once but I think I enjoyed it, I'll give it a watch at some point in the next few weeks.

I liked Diary. Was at least as good as Land of the Dead. And one of the few decent FF films too.

Justin101 11th May 2016 08:51 AM

I tried to watch Land of the Dead the other week, it's been ages since I saw it and to be honest I was cringing so bad after 20 minutes I turned it off :lol:

J Harker 11th May 2016 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 489447)
I tried to watch Land of the Dead the other week, it's been ages since I saw it and to be honest I was cringing so bad after 20 minutes I turned it off [emoji38]

I'll have to try it again. Its been years.

Justin101 11th May 2016 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 489442)
I really need to buy the Avengers films because I've only seen them at the cinema and enjoyed both a great deal.

I only saw them recently, Netflix for the first film and Now TV for the second and I enjoyed them both, but with the streaming services they usually only have the license for a year so I need to get my physical collection ready for the next time I want to see them :)

I still need to grab the first Cap America, Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron.

J Harker 11th May 2016 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 489449)
I only saw them recently, Netflix for the first film and Now TV for the second and I enjoyed them both, but with the streaming services they usually only have the license for a year so I need to get my physical collection ready for the next time I want to see them :)

I still need to grab the first Cap America, Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron.

With the deals on at Asda and Sainsburies and i think HMV, nows the time to grab the Marvel films.

Justin101 11th May 2016 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 489451)
With the deals on at Asda and Sainsburies and i think HMV, nows the time to grab the Marvel films.

I think I've spent my budget for this month, it's payday a week today so hopefully the deal lasts until then! It's on Amazon as well and I get an additional 5% off student discount so that takes it down to £14.70 since they take the discount off the full price not the offer price!

Nordicdusk 11th May 2016 09:44 AM

There is going to be hell to pay when The Don comes online later all these people bad mouthing Land of the Dead hell to pay I tells ya.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th May 2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 489453)
There is going to be hell to pay when The Don comes online later all these people bad mouthing Land of the Dead hell to pay I tells ya.

Breathe slowly and count to ten...

I understand B_E's reaction. He's still recovering from seeing all your top ten guilty pleasures (and 50 Shades) Nordy.

As for the others in the conversation. There's a certain link and all i can say is People are strange and probably called Corey in real life. :tongue1:

J Harker 11th May 2016 12:22 PM

Watched the film yesterday and loved the score so much i just ordered the cd.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...409522af63.jpg