Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 628708)
Revenge of the living dead girls i remember being released on Redemption video but never saw it at the time.

You did well to avoid that. It would definitely be cut.

nosferatu42 17th June 2020 10:17 PM

yep i read up on it beforehand, apparently the Redemption version lost almost 3 minutes.

SymbioticFunction 18th June 2020 11:40 AM

Went to Cex and swapped a couple of old blu-rays - ones that I've upgraded to 4K UHD (which also included another 1080p disc in the case) - for a bd of Stuart Gordon's Dolls. Pleasingly it was in excellent condition. My wife and I have never seen this 80's horror film, should be good fun to check out. :)

Also ordered a 4K UHD of The Matrix. Thought about buying a Matrix trilogy UHD set but didn't for three reasons: a) the sequels are nowhere near as good, imo anyway b) the 1080p bds look rather good when my player upscales them to 4K c) my wife flat-out refuses to watch those sequels ever again! :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2020 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 628721)
Went to Cex and swapped a couple of old blu-rays - ones that I've upgraded to 4K UHD (which also included another 1080p disc in the case) - for a bd of Stuart Gordon's Dolls. Pleasingly it was in excellent condition. My wife and I have never seen this 80's horror film, should be good fun to check out. :)

:scared:

I won't be going to CEX until you have to walk through a decontamination unit prior to entering.

I only own three bottles of disinfectant spray. Not nearly enough to deal with a single disc bought from Cex. :lol:

SymbioticFunction 18th June 2020 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 628722)
:scared:

I won't be going to CEX until you have to walk through a decontamination unit prior to entering.

I've been working on supermarket check-outs throughout this entire thing, picking up customer's grocery items and taking cash off customers (I've noticed that people with very dirty hands almost always pay cash), so I'm not feeling too concerned about also buying something from Cex. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 628724)
I've been working on supermarket check-outs throughout this entire thing, picking up customer's grocery items and taking cash off customers (I've noticed that people with very dirty hands almost always pay cash), so I'm not feeling too concerned about also buying something from Cex. :)

Thank you for working through this in an unenviable job, SF. :thankingyou: :clap:

gag 18th June 2020 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 628724)

Good for being a key worker, :clap:

Even before the virus I've paid for almost everything on card unless the shop themselves don't use card payments, it's easier not to carry cash around and just whip the card out.

Justin101 18th June 2020 01:23 PM

I considered going to CEX yesterday but thought better of it, people in Liverpool have been out shopping in force. I hate crowds of people in town as it is, but after a 12 week hermit lifestyle it seemed a bit too much so I stayed in :lol:

Justin101 18th June 2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 628728)
Good for being a key worker, :clap:

Even before the virus I've paid for almost everything on card unless the shop themselves don't use card payments, it's easier not to carry cash around and just whip the card out.

I've been cash free for years now, there was one takeaway that I liked to go to that was cash only but they finally got a card reader late last year so I never have any cash now!

One guy in our office swears by cash, he has his weekly budget, he'll take that cash out on Monday and it has to last him for the whole week and his cards stay at home - I guess if that works for him but that would send me potty :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 628731)
I've been cash free for years now, there was one takeaway that I liked to go to that was cash only but they finally got a card reader late last year so I never have any cash now!

One guy in our office swears by cash, he has his weekly budget, he'll take that cash out on Monday and it has to last him for the whole week and his cards stay at home - I guess if that works for him but that would send me potty :lol:

I like cash when i don't trust places. I'd never pay by card on a night out with the lads or anything like that.

I also need cash to pay my car maintenance as i get a discount for cash. No need to say why.

The other thing is i refuse to use ATM's. I really don't trust them. :lol: