Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree151153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th February 2011, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I grew tired of waiting for my order to be shipped from DVD Pacific so ordered the R1 Flesh for Frankenstein from Amazon marketplace.
Had a problem with Amazon Marketplace last week, mother's card details were stolen from there. If it hadn't been for her Mastercard security stuff, she would have been £570 lighter! It was only when her bank smelled a rat they blocked the sale.

Old 6th February 2011, 01:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Had a problem with Amazon Marketplace last week, mother's card details were stolen from there. If it hadn't been for her Mastercard security stuff, she would have been £570 lighter! It was only when her bank smelled a rat they blocked the sale.

That is worrying!!!

On a happier note, I received ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA through the post on the third, a full 4 days prior to the official release date! Thank you Zavvi

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 6th February 2011, 01:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:

thats surprising as Amazon are not meant to give out card details to sellers as its Amazon themselves who do the payments and then send it to the sellers.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 6th February 2011, 01:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It really is worrying how secure the Marketplace is. Halifax did in fact have evidence that I won't go into of course to suggest it was the seller on the actual Marketplace that tried to make the secondary transaction. It has made me think a little and almost put my ELDERLY mother off shopping and banking on the web completely! Some damage limitation needs to be made me thinks.

Anyway, let's get back to happy stuff guys. Just ordered Art of the Nasty book .. can't wait for that. It's the 2009 re-print too.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th February 2011, 01:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

I've never had a problem with Amazon Marketplace and have only been subject to fraud once, several years ago, when someone managed to hack into DVD Pacific's database and take all of the card details held there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post

On a happier note, I received ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA through the post on the third, a full 4 days prior to the official release date! Thank you Zavvi
My copy arrived yesterday (from Play.com) but, with a runtime like that, it will be a case of finding an entire evening with nothing going on so I can watch it!
Old 6th February 2011, 02:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah he said he always saw it as a comic book. The biggest problem I have is the baseball furies scene. If he had left that alone, I could probably handle the rest of the film a bit easier.
Old 6th February 2011, 09:11 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
The biggest problem for me is that the comic scenes look too fresh, not like comic art from the 70's but more like a mid/late 90's style onwards.
I really dont like the way Hill has monkeyed around with The Warriors. To me the comic book scenes look tacky and unprofessional, but I guess its his film and he can do what he wants.

However, I wont be buying the blu-ray 'till an original version is avaliable.
Old 6th February 2011, 10:03 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
The biggest problem for me is that the comic scenes look too fresh, not like comic art from the 70's but more like a mid/late 90's style onwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I really dont like the way Hill has monkeyed around with The Warriors. To me the comic book scenes look tacky and unprofessional, but I guess its his film and he can do what he wants.

However, I wont be buying the blu-ray 'till an original version is avaliable.
My thoughts exactly. However, I think we'll be waiting a LONG time for the original version to surface on Blu, though.
Old 7th February 2011, 10:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Decided to splash out on these 2 American beauties from amazon marketplace:

It may take them a month to reach me but its gonna be worth the wait

Also got this off base.com:

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti

Last edited by oaxaca; 7th February 2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 7th February 2011, 11:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the original Inglorious Bastards last night and it looked fantastic, Severin done an amazing job. Unfortunately, the model trains at the end were more obvious than ever.

Cant wait for Eagles Over London to arrive.

Like this? Share it using the links below!