Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151518Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st January 2013, 09:10 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Don't try and make us all feel bad just cos' you can't look after your Grandma properly when you're out.

This last week is the first time in twelve months it hasn't pissed it down constantly.
Thats a fair point, just make's me feel bad when I think of my loved one mortality. Time was she would have sprinted over that ice. I feel old and unhappy.
g053584398 and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:14 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Thats a fair point, just make's me feel bad when I think of my loved one mortality. Time was she would have sprinted over that ice. I feel old and unhappy.
Why didn't you just do her shopping for her?
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Why didn't you just do her shopping for her?
She wanted to get out, as I said, her knee's aren't good and she needed help walking over the ice. Have you ever tried arhuing with a woman in early stage Alzhiemers?
Old 21st January 2013, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Is anyone else experiencing delayed deliveries because of the snow?
Yup. And the bloody annoying thing is it's a big winter coat I'm waiting for . . .
Old 21st January 2013, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Don't know what you're all talking about, Amazon sent House of Psychotic Women on Saturday and it arrived today. With the free delivery option.
bdc, Gojirosan and SharonLynette like this.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Don't know what you're all talking about, Amazon sent House of Psychotic Women on Saturday and it arrived today. With the free delivery option.
Lucky you! You aren't stuck in the wilds though! Great choice in literature!
Old 21st January 2013, 09:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Yup. And the bloody annoying thing is it's a big winter coat I'm waiting for . . .
I haven't had a proper coat for years although I did treat myself to a waterproof, I did get a new blanket coat which I did get a chance to wear out today.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I haven't had a proper coat for years
Same here. Been meaning to get a down coat for yonks - I've only got paper thin stuff... Went for a cool Uniqlo coat with a removable down layer I'll just have to imagine how warm I would've been walking to work in it all this week It's Cult Labs fashion corner . . .
Old 21st January 2013, 09:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
It's a sad shame, I sympahpise. My Grandmothers knee's aren't to good at the moment so I had to take her shopping after college. At one point she nearly slipt and I felt wretchid the whole day for not being in arm's length to catch her. Snow can be a really pain for people with disability's or are elderly, already looking forward to it melting.
I sympathise, my grandma is a bit of a nightmare. She used to be very active but then slipped running down the garden in her mid-seventies, Had to have something done on her hip then she slipped whilst in hospital and had to have a hip replacement. Now the problem is she has a crutch which she uses in a way that she reminds me of a tripod from War of the Worlds. So she is still very active but very wobbly, it's really scary as she can really pick up speed.
Old 21st January 2013, 09:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Same here. Been meaning to get a down coat for yonks - I've only got paper thin stuff... Went for a cool Uniqlo coat with a removable down layer I'll just have to imagine how warm I would've been walking to work in it all this week It's Cult Labs fashion corner . . .
Now if there was a fashion corner I would just be posting countless photos of new clothes and new old clothes, I'm obsessed.

Like this? Share it using the links below!