LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2012, 11:21 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I was also surprised when I realised you were only 15 – I own DVDs which are older than you!
I've just done a bit of arithmetic and I may have exaggerated as my oldest DVDs are nearly 14 years old, so not as old as you.

I became a horror fan in 1998 and, within a few years, realised I had a lot of catching up to do – you have even more than I had, so I feel sorry for your bank balance!
Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I've just done a bit of arithmetic and I may have exaggerated as my oldest DVDs are nearly 14 years old, so not as old as you.

I became a horror fan in 1998 and, within a few years, realised I had a lot of catching up to do – you have even more than I had, so I feel sorry for your bank balance!
Well I'm slowly working my way through them, and I think I'm doing pretty well with the big American films from the 80's, everything else though, may take a while, though thanks to Arrow and, soon, Scream Factory, I'll be catching up soon.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 17th November 2012, 11:43 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Well I'm slowly working my way through them, and I think I'm doing pretty well with the big American films from the 80's, everything else though, may take a while, though thanks to Arrow and, soon, Scream Factory, I'll be catching up soon.
If you're anything like me, the more you watch, the more you'll realise you want to watch and haven't seen. This means your wish list will expand every week as you realise there are numerous films from the beginning of the 20th century, the 1930s, 1940s and onto the present day you desperately want to watch!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
If you're anything like me, the more you watch, the more you'll realise you want to watch and haven't seen. This means your wish list will expand every week as you realise there are numerous films from the beginning of the 20th century, the 1930s, 1940s and onto the present day you desperately want to watch!
I gave up on compiling a want list, and just decided to get the big new releases, so like Scream Factory, Scorpion Releasing and soon Code Red blu rays, at least until I get a job. But it's always great discovering a new great movie, or finally seeing a movie which essentially had a rather large presence in your childhood (Hellraiser. I was exposed to the first 3 posters from quite a young age, and Dad used to make Lemerchand Boxes and Pillars of Souls).
Hawkmonger likes this.

Old 17th November 2012, 11:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I gave up on compiling a want list, and just decided to get the big new releases, so like Scream Factory, Scorpion Releasing and soon Code Red blu rays, at least until I get a job. But it's always great discovering a new great movie, or finally seeing a movie which essentially had a rather large presence in your childhood (Hellraiser. I was exposed to the first 3 posters from quite a young age, and Dad used to make Lemerchand Boxes and Pillars of Souls).
it sounds like you have the perfect dad to nurture your passion, educate you about what to watch and let you watch films which you're not old enough to buy in shops as he knows you and the subject material in the great genre films. I didn't have that as neither of my parents like horror films so I had to find out all the information by reading magazines, books and picking up tips from like-minded individuals online.
Old 17th November 2012, 11:58 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
I didn't have that as neither of my parents like horror films so I had to find out all the information by reading magazines, books and picking up tips from like-minded individuals online.
AND NOW YOU SHALL NEVER LEAVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 17th November 2012, 12:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
it sounds like you have the perfect dad to nurture your passion, educate you about what to watch and let you watch films which you're not old enough to buy in shops as he knows you and the subject material in the great genre films. I didn't have that as neither of my parents like horror films so I had to find out all the information by reading magazines, books and picking up tips from like-minded individuals online.
Yeah. I learnt about the characters from quite a young age, but my dad being a responsible parent, barred me from watching them until he thought I was old enough, and now has sought of just given me a bit of a free reign regarding horror. Hes not extremely passionate about horror, but still loves it, especially zombie movie, with him and I embarking on a journey to watch all the top 50 zombie movies from the SFX zombie special, the 2nd watched being The Beyond, my first Fulci, and let's just say the was an interesting sitting. Due to the utmost lack of cult film releases in Australia, almost all of my movies are US or UK imports, purchased through his credit card. But I've always been one to look up and read about horror movies from quite a young age.

Interesting story I only found out last night from my Mum, when I was shocked to find out she had actually SEEN Hellraiser, as her story goes
"I used to watch those movies with your father, being a good wife, but I think it was after the first 3 Nightmare On Elm Street movies, I decided I was never watching another horror movie with him."
Also quite funny hearing her say she found The Ring, stupid and unbelievable.

Old 17th November 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
AND NOW YOU SHALL NEVER LEAVE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
I must say, I've been pulled into Cult Labs quite a bit since joining, so much that i have a reputation with one of my friends, that whenever I get an email, he guesses 'Cult Labs?"

Old 17th November 2012, 12:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Also quite funny hearing her say she found The Ring, stupid and unbelievable.
She does have a point though, I can't remember the last time a creepy girl crawled out of my TV
fuzzymctiger and Hawkmonger like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 17th November 2012, 12:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
She does have a point though, I can't remember the last time a creepy girl crawled out of my TV
Give it time…
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!