Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2011, 11:36 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Just realised I posted it in UK, haha!

The Korean Ltd Ed BDs that are sought after really do shoot up in value. Saw a copy of Memories of Murder go for over $150 on EBay recently!
Old 21st July 2011, 01:01 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
The excellent series Firefly is being released in the UK, for a very agreeable £18.
Had my eye on the US version for a while, but it's about twice the price.
Firefly - The Complete Series Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Joss Whedon: Film & TV
Excellent news -- I hope it as some new and exclusive extras but, even if it doesn't, that's a great price for a brilliant show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Korean classic A BITTERSWEET LIFE is up for preorder for next month in two versions. The Ltd Ed is 1000 copies and only $5 more than the standard. Worth every penny! It's the Director's Cut as well.

http://www.yesasia.com/global/a-bitt...0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/global/a-bitt...0-en/info.html
I haven't yet checked the prices but, as I don't own A Bittersweet Life on any format, it's going to be very tempting.
Old 21st July 2011, 01:14 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
The excellent series Firefly is being released in the UK, for a very agreeable £18.
Firefly - The Complete Series Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin, Joss Whedon: Film & TV
Oooh, that's tempting. I love Joss Whedon and yet have only seen Serentity so am definitely going to pick this up at some point. I've heard it's an excellent series and, to be honest, don't doubt that at all.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 21st July 2011, 01:33 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
that looks awesome!
i never buy asain movies from asia as extras are never subbed in english so to me it becomes a barebones package as the I can only watch the movie so paying a lot just for a movie and a bunch of extras I cant watch its simply not worth it. But hey thats just me!
Not always true. I have a couple of Asian releases that have UK subs on the extras. Re-Cycle being one, can't off the top of my head remember the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Just realised I posted it in UK, haha!
DOn't worry, I got your back. I posted it in the non-uk before checking this thread
Old 21st July 2011, 03:18 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Not always true. I have a couple of Asian releases that have UK subs on the extras. Re-Cycle being one, can't off the top of my head remember the other.
my experience is with last few Korean SEs I have wanted all have had no english subs on extras and I will be highly surprised if this does.

The Host had none
Vengence Trilogy had none
I Saw The Devil had none.

It is rare for a Korean discs to feature english subs on extras as far as I know.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st July 2011, 04:07 PM
Cultist

I expect both editions to go out of print quickly, so if you don`t want to buy it at extortion prices later, i suggest you to pre order right now, as i did. Update: This site: http://www.k2dvd.com/shop/p_detail.a...=Search&genre=

It`s already out of stock there. I wouldn`t be suprised if both editions are already out of stock before the release date.
Old 21st July 2011, 04:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Oooh, that's tempting. I love Joss Whedon and yet have only seen Serentity so am definitely going to pick this up at some point. I've heard it's an excellent series and, to be honest, don't doubt that at all.
It is a superb series and is one of many that Fox screwed over by not realising the huge fan following, changing the time and day on which it was broadcast so it ended up being cancelled.

Although I already own the UK release, I'll probably pick this up as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBo View Post
I expect both editions to go out of print quickly, so if you don`t want to buy it at extortion prices later, i suggest you to pre order right now, as i did. Update: This site: ::: K2DVD.com - Korean, Japanese and Asian DVD (International Shipping) :::

It`s already out of stock there. I wouldn`t be suprised if both editions are already out of stock before the release date.
I have pre-ordered the mediabook as this is probably the only film by Jee-woon Kim which I don't already own on either DVD or BD.
Old 21st July 2011, 06:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I sold my dvd version ages ago and was tempted to get the US blu-ray, Glad I waited now. At that price, the UK disc is too good to pass up! Think I may give my Serenity blu-ray another spin soon!
Old 21st July 2011, 07:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I sold my dvd version ages ago and was tempted to get the US blu-ray, Glad I waited now. At that price, the UK disc is too good to pass up! Think I may give my Serenity blu-ray another spin soon!
I did the same. Gonna wait to watch the series through again before I watch Serenity though.
Old 21st July 2011, 07:04 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I did the same. Gonna wait to watch the series through again before I watch Serenity though.
I saw Serenity before I watched a single episode of Firefly. To say I was annoyed at one part of the film would be an understatement!

Like this? Share it using the links below!