Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2013, 02:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Some of the titles Twilight Time released were recently announced for German releases. So I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting.
Old 5th February 2013, 02:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Count me out, then. They're not films I want badly enough to pay Twilight Time prices for. Surprised that The Driver is being farmed out to TT though, this is quite a popular and well known film, not a marginal title by any means. Just shows what the Studio's attitude is to their catalogue titles, though.
No argument from me about that – I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 5th February 2013, 03:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Some of the titles Twilight Time released were recently announced for German releases. So I'm sure it's just a matter of waiting.
And it seems Carlotta in France could be releasing The Fury as well.
Old 5th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Good & Bad news for Walter Hill fans...

The good: HARD TIMES and THE DRIVER are coming out in a few months in the US...

The bad: Its coming from TWILIGHT TIME so expect your wallets to bleed
Its ok, I probably wont have the cash to but them immediately and all the scalpers will swipe them up quickly to sell on ebay. I'll stick with the dvd because it means the studio wont liscence the f****g things anywhere else either. Its a greedy, stupid and immoral business practice.
Old 5th February 2013, 03:35 PM
Cult Addict

Twilight Time seem to be the dreg's of the industry, pissing out poor transfers and terrible editions for gullible fans who will pay anything for a 'HD' release of a movie. It's utter BS is what it is and I wont stand for it.

DVD and BD collection
Old 5th February 2013, 04:05 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Twilight Time seem to be the dreg's of the industry, pissing out poor transfers and terrible editions for gullible fans who will pay anything for a 'HD' release of a movie. It's utter BS is what it is and I wont stand for it.
While I disagree with some of Twilight Time's policies Hawk, I will say some of their releases have been stellar. Laugh at me if you want but I think their Blu of Lost Horizon is one of the best transfers of a 70's film I've seen on the HD formats alongside Taxi Driver. Besides, the inconsistencies of the transfers sold by them are the fault of the film distributors supplying them with prints, not Twilight Time themselves.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 5th February 2013, 04:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
While I disagree with some of Twilight Time's policies Hawk, I will say some of their releases have been stellar. Laugh at me if you want but I think their Blu of Lost Horizon is one of the best transfers of a 70's film I've seen on the HD formats alongside Taxi Driver. Besides, the inconsistencies of the transfers sold by them are the fault of the film distributors supplying them with prints, not Twilight Time themselves.
Imagine the Criterion Collection only making 250 copies of each film (with some less than stellar results) and selling them for £60 each. Their reputation wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is now.
Daemonia and Invid Ninja like this.
Old 5th February 2013, 04:41 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Imagine the Criterion Collection only making 250 copies of each film (with some less than stellar results) and selling them for £60 each. Their reputation wouldn't be anywhere near as good as it is now.
Understandable, although like I just said beforehand I do disagree with some of their policies. The ridiculously limited amount of copies of each film whether a well-known mainstream release or otherwise is very irritating. I personally don't feel as angered toward them as others, granted they have only released a few select titles I care to purchase.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 5th February 2013, 05:03 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Personally, I don't have a problem with Twilight Time's pricing. As I've said before, barebones dvds used to cost £19.99. For 3 or £4 more, TT sells limited edition BD's (and for me, that doesn't mean it has to be loaded with special features). Hard Times, Christine, The Driver and The Blob will sit proudly on my dvd shelf.
Old 5th February 2013, 05:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Poor transfers? Say what Now? Which releases have poor transfers?

Like this? Share it using the links below!