Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2009, 10:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I wasn't even born when that film came out!!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 12th February 2009, 11:01 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I was 11.
Old 12th February 2009, 11:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I was 9.I've seen Day Of The Animals a few times on BBC 1.I prefer The Pack (1977) directed by Robert Clouse,another film strangely unavailable on dvd.
Old 12th February 2009, 12:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've gotta disagree with you there, vincenzo, I think Day Of The Animals is one of the very best examples of the "Nature On The Rampage" sub-genre. It has absolutely everything thrown into the mix. And dare I say I think it's even better than Grizzly.
Old 12th February 2009, 03:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Have you ever seen Claws (1977) the other big bear film Cloud ?.I was amazed to see this on ITV years ago.Not too bad either actually.
Old 12th February 2009, 03:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Frogs is also good creepy fun (very good use of sound).I actually saw this on tv as a kid & thought it was a made for television effort.Mind you the director George McCowan did come from a tv background & seemed to retreat back to tv work after he handled a Magnificent Seven sequel..
Old 12th February 2009, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Prophecy was another big bear film, though that one appeared to have been dipped into a pizza.

I enjoyed Frogs too. Food Of The Gods was another silly but fun film.
Old 12th February 2009, 04:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Prophecy was another big bear film, though that one appeared to have been dipped into a pizza.

I enjoyed Frogs too. Food Of The Gods was another silly but fun film.
I've always found Prophecy to be underrated & I have the nice looking Belgian release.I know it would the Raccoon cruelty here but it's still surprising it's not out.It really needs to be seen widescreen to be appreciated.I have Food Of The Gods as well.An uncut PG stateside and like Night Of The Lepus an 'X' here.
Old 12th February 2009, 05:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I have the Pre-Cert of Claws lying around somewhere. It's a good film though I don't remember loads from it, it was years ago when I saw it. Prophecy is good and has some memorable scenes, if only it was paced a bit better though. I must get the DVD of that some time, it keeps slipping my mind.

Frogs is a great film, in terms of sheer entertainment it's the best in its field. There some really creepy scenes in it, it surprised me because I expected a comedy.

I've not seen The Pack yet. I did buy a VHS while in Mexico but it got lost in the post. I've not seen Food Of The Gods yet either despite having the DVD on my radar for quite some time. I have seen Food Of The Gods II though and it's absolutely ****ing shit!
Old 12th February 2009, 07:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just ordered the excellent eden lake.
Also a few nature/science gone wrong flicks...hammerhead,kraken-tentacles of the deep and the last days of planet earth.

Also ordered drive in cult classics-vol.2,mainly for the shitfest that is the creeping terror. Aint seen this since its worst of hollywood screening on c4 back in the early 80's.

Also ordered mulberry street,for the knock me down with a feather price of £1.69 and nightmare in blood,which was released here on vhs as horror convention or summat.

Also bought in sainsburys...death racers,another asylum rip off on the recent death race, trailer park of terror,zombie splatter comedy horror thingy, one missed call,american remake(zzzzz) and skin walkers.
That oughta keep me busy for a wee while!

Like this? Share it using the links below!