Like Tree179653Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th February 2012, 10:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's responsible parenting - if only everyone was like you, trips to the cinema during school holidays wouldn't be such a nightmare.

It must make times when there are children the same age as your lads, who are talking and running about the place, all the more infuriating if you're sitting there thinking 'If mine can sit here silently and enjoy the film, why can't yours?'.

When I was young and went to the cinema with my parents (and, occasionally, my Nana), my brother and I always treated the cinema with reverence, as it was a trip out and something to be cherished. They always ensured we went to the toilet beforehand and sat quietly throughout, making the most of the treat.

It seems a lot of children don't see the cinema in the same way nowadays and just an extension of their living room.
Exactly, when you consider how expensive it is to be able to treat them to a trip to the cinema these days, it really winds me up if somebody can't control their kids meaning the experience is ruined somewhat. My eldest boy gets more annoyed than me and even tells the other kids and their parents to be quiet so I'm always expecting an infuriated dad to try and pick a fight after he's had a dressing down from an 8 year old, thankfully its not happened yet.
Demoncrat likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th February 2012, 11:17 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Exactly, when you consider how expensive it is to be able to treat them to a trip to the cinema these days, it really winds me up if somebody can't control their kids meaning the experience is ruined somewhat. My eldest boy gets more annoyed than me and even tells the other kids and their parents to be quiet so I'm always expecting an infuriated dad to try and pick a fight after he's had a dressing down from an 8 year old, thankfully its not happened yet.
As going to the cinema, factoring in travel expenses and tickets, plus refreshments if you don't take your own, is so expensive, it makes you wonder why people would take their children if they are not going to sit there and enjoy the film thus, as you say, ruining the experience for other people.

It almost makes you yearn for the days when each cinema had an usher with a torch who would shine the 'light of shame' on anyone who was talking!
Old 26th February 2012, 11:25 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Part of this is undoubtedly down to the rise of home entertainment as, a few years ago, my mum went down to the Midlands to spend time with her sister and family. Whilst there, she took my cousin, who would have been about 14, to the cinema and, noticing he was fidgeting and not really paying much attention throughout the film – one he really wanted to see – asked why. His response was quite telling: "We'll buy it on DVD when it's out, so I can watch it again then."

When I used to go as a child, it was a case of watching it at the cinema or not at all, rather than watching it at the cinema and then having the DVD/BD a few months later, so it's a whole cultural shift due to the ever expanding home entertainment market.
Old 26th February 2012, 11:43 AM
Cultist

Dream Home (2010)

*** out of ****

UPDATED WEEKLY
Old 26th February 2012, 01:33 PM
Ex-member

saw the Pang bros THE MESSENGERS
not a great film by any means
Old 26th February 2012, 02:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
2. Amanda seyfried. Gaddman she's hot!

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 26th February 2012, 03:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Wow, another "The Last Slumber Party" fan. It's one of my favourite pieces of wonky cinema.
Too right! Madness incarnate.
Old 26th February 2012, 06:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

EDGE OF SANITY - Jekyll and Hyde get a sexed up revamp, this time spliced in with a J.T Ripper narrative. It's a pretty obvious concoction, but when it tears free of its period dramatics and bursts into K Russell / D Argento stylistics, it works well. As always, Anthony Perkins is a mad genius and twitches along quite nicley here, esp. as sleazy Mr Hyde. Goodish late eighties horror, slightly overlooked.
THE DEADLY SPAWN - I never used to like this film at all, but had a pretty glowing time of it this afternoon. Actually, the reason I always thought it was shite was because the old VHS cover scared me senseless for some reason when I was a kid, and from that point on I was expecting it to be some kind of apex of transgressive horror. It isn't that, but it IS the diametric opposite of latter day focus group oriented multiplex bound Hollywood style oppression - a movie that celebrates the triumph of imagination, enthusiasm and arguable technical incompetence over the slick bastards. Come to think of it, this film pretty much sums up why I'm into movies. And god, it's so wonky - the pace and the tone shift all the time... warm hearted creature feature homage one moment, nihilistic gore fest the next. The giant toothy bell-end monsters are really good considering the obviously low, low budget.
ADAM CHAPLIN - In yer face Italo gore fest set in a blue tinted future full of freaks - my kinda movie. Shame about the title, but if this is the shape of Italian horror to come, then I'm totally on board.
Just watching INTRUDER... pretty good after all these years, might invest in the Synapse version.
bdc and Rik like this.
Old 26th February 2012, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
The giant toothy bell-end monsters are really good considering the obviously low, low budget.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th February 2012, 07:09 PM
Cult Master

August Underground Trilogy

I watched all 3 of these movies today after hearing so much about them. I dont know how i feel after seeing these movies maybe im a little too fresh after watching them. The gore effects looked great so realistic the way it was shot added to the realism also. There were a couple of parts that will stick with me for a while over the whole trilogy im not gonna go into those right now. I only got a loan of them not sure i would want them in my collection as i dont feel there is much re watch value in them. Like i said i heard so much about them i just wanted to see what the fuss was about.

While looking these up i came across an other trilogy called Vomit Gore Trilogy. Does anyone know anything about these or seen them?

Like this? Share it using the links below!