got the uncut R1 Anchor Bay w/commentary etc
one of the few good remakes
Agreed!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 28th March 2012, 06:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Fabrizio De Angelis COBRA MISSION 2, which I recorded off Movies '4' Men last week, and I couldn't really get into it mainly due to the crap print they used which was really dull and cropped to full frame. Shame, as their print for the first movie is excellent.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 29th March 2012, 12:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
Reel Steel isn't bad at all. A lot better than I expected.
I agree highly entertaining give me films with fighting robots like this anyday of the.week above the transformers shite cant stand them....
Old 29th March 2012, 02:01 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs. I thought it was badass. Probably lower budgeted Pinky Violence, but stylish and violent enough to satisfy the hungriest of sleaze appetites.
Old 29th March 2012, 10:58 AM
Cultist

Chopping Mall (1986)

*** out of ****

Monster Squad (1987)

*** out of ****

UPDATED WEEKLY
Old 29th March 2012, 11:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mutant Girl Squad (2010)
Easily my favourite of the current crop of "hyper gore" films escaping from eastern shores, purely as the CGI blood wasn't as fricking "obvious" as in say, Robogeisha. I'd have to say that the martial arts on show wasn't of the highest standard, but since this isn't the main reason i watch these films, i only mention it in passing.

Diary Of A Madman (1963)
Another day, another Vincent Price movie. This time it's a portmanteau! Quel shock!!
This time the tales are based from Guy De Maupassant, which makes a change from Poe, and it certainly has a novel "framing device" imo. I enjoyed this more than his other triptych films, purely for the atmosphere in the tales and the hideously florid title music... Ahem.

The Devils ( Ken Russell) What are you all doing still here? GO & BUY THIS. Watched with comm, and will be showing mate on fri. Am i overdoing it?

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 30th March 2012, 01:18 PM
Cult Addict

Went to the grimm up north screening of the double bill of Demons and demons 2 last night, in the dancehouse so I could bring beers in and drink through the movie For the record the arrow releases of these films are looking very good indeed. Some of the hardcore purists might want to know the soundtrack is somewhat different in places to previous releases. A Couple of the characters sound different, some of the dialouge is definately different. (most noticably when the teen gang is surrounded by the demons, the line 'maybe their after our coke' has been changed,) and some of the music queues are different. Its not enough to bother me (i never watched these movies for the dialouge) but my buddy adam who is something of an obsessive about the movies said it annoyed him.

Also it turns out grimm shall be launching their own label soon. Chop and some guy who kills people are lined up (and both well worth checking out) and they may be getting some of the H.P lovecraft historical society releases as well, mainly the b&w silent call of cthulu and whisperer in the darkness. Certainly ones to look forward to
Old 30th March 2012, 04:10 PM
Ex-member

saw the excellent DEEP RED (US version) on Horror Channel
but have always preferred the Directors Cut
Old 30th March 2012, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Went to the grimm up north screening of the double bill of Demons and demons 2 last night, in the dancehouse so I could bring beers in and drink through the movie For the record the arrow releases of these films are looking very good indeed. Some of the hardcore purists might want to know the soundtrack is somewhat different in places to previous releases. A Couple of the characters sound different, some of the dialouge is definately different. (most noticably when the teen gang is surrounded by the demons, the line 'maybe their after our coke' has been changed,) and some of the music queues are different. Its not enough to bother me (i never watched these movies for the dialouge) but my buddy adam who is something of an obsessive about the movies said it annoyed him.

Also it turns out grimm shall be launching their own label soon. Chop and some guy who kills people are lined up (and both well worth checking out) and they may be getting some of the H.P lovecraft historical society releases as well, mainly the b&w silent call of cthulu and whisperer in the darkness. Certainly ones to look forward to
Damn gutted I couldn't go. Only got out of the hospital this morning.
Nice to hear the transfer is going to turn out OK.

DVD and BD collection
Old 30th March 2012, 06:11 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
I agree highly entertaining give me films with fighting robots like this anyday of the.week above the transformers shite cant stand them....
I Don´t. Cliché crock of shit.

Like this? Share it using the links below!