Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2012, 05:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

My tutor at college filled my 4gb usb stick with some films from his hard drive today. He's given me the August Underground Trilogy that he bought while in the US and the Ilsa Trilogy too. I'm gonna try and see how much of the AU films I can stomach, not usually my thing but I'm intrigued to know what all the fuss is about (he's already given me A Serbian Film, Murder Set Pieces and Grotesque, all of which weren't as bad as I expected)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th April 2012, 05:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wow, that's unusual viewing material to say the least!
Old 16th April 2012, 05:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Wow, that's unusual viewing material to say the least!
Yeah, like I said, its not usually my thing but intrigues got the better of me, I doubt I'll make it all the way through the first film without turning it off and giving my eyeballs a good scrub
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th April 2012, 06:22 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
My tutor at college filled my 4gb usb stick with some films from his hard drive today. He's given me the August Underground Trilogy that he bought while in the US and the Ilsa Trilogy too. I'm gonna try and see how much of the AU films I can stomach, not usually my thing but I'm intrigued to know what all the fuss is about (he's already given me A Serbian Film, Murder Set Pieces and Grotesque, all of which weren't as bad as I expected)
I have been on the verge many times of watching A Serbian Film put i always decide against it dont know if ill ever watch it.
Old 16th April 2012, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I have been on the verge many times of watching A Serbian Film put i always decide against it dont know if ill ever watch it.
Luckily, the version he gave me was slightly cut so the most notorious scenes were trimmed. Don't get me wrong, its still a nasty piece of work but, unlike some films of this type, it is well made. I'm not in any great rush to watch it again, or seek out an uncut copy either.
Old 16th April 2012, 06:29 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Luckily, the version he gave me was slightly cut so the most notorious scenes were trimmed. Don't get me wrong, its still a nasty piece of work but, unlike some films of this type, it is well made. I'm not in any great rush to watch it again, or seek out an uncut copy either.
Yeah i have researched it to death on the internet. Everyone just says it stays with you for a while after watchin it.
Old 16th April 2012, 06:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Yeah i have researched it to death on the internet. Everyone just says it stays with you for a while after watchin it.
Its certainly one of those instances when you wish you could un-see something. The only reason he has all these films is because we were talking about Horror films and he asked me if I knew of any 'sick' films that are banned over here that he might be able to pick up while in the US, so I gave him a list of the films mentioned on here that qualify. How he managed to buy them all without his devout Christian wife finding out, I've no idea (which is why they are stored on his portable hard drive)
Old 16th April 2012, 06:39 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Its certainly one of those instances when you wish you could un-see something. The only reason he has all these films is because we were talking about Horror films and he asked me if I knew of any 'sick' films that are banned over here that he might be able to pick up while in the US, so I gave him a list of the films mentioned on here that qualify. How he managed to buy them all without his devout Christian wife finding out, I've no idea (which is why they are stored on his portable hard drive)
I cant see many women enjoying any of the above films.
Old 16th April 2012, 06:45 PM
Ex-member

got the uncut dvd-r of A SERBIAN FILM and now they are releasing a complete and uncut version in the US in I think May
last time they chickened out and it was cut by a minute
Old 16th April 2012, 06:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
got the uncut dvd-r of A SERBIAN FILM and now they are releasing a complete and uncut version in the US in I think May
last time they chickened out and it was cut by a minute
My guess is that is the version I have then

Like this? Share it using the links below!