S&M Hunter
Groper Train
Secret of Nimh
Fist of the Northstar (anime movie)
The Dungeon Master
Rock N Rule
Trick or Treat
Trick R Treat

.....It's been a weird couple of days.......
Old 3rd August 2012, 07:12 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
REC 3. Oooooh, you're all in for a wee shock with this one. Thumbs up from me regardless.....
It's on my Lovefilm listing. Looking forward to it. The only way The Bride from Kill Bill could have been any more awsome would be if she had used a chainsaw.
This is now rectified of course (I Presume?!).

DVD and BD collection
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:27 AM
Cult Master

Zombies of Mass Destruction

Similar humour to 'Shaun of the Dead', and very much an attack on American morals

Highly recommended, with many laugh out loud moments

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd August 2012, 04:40 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

Lockout - Barring some awful visual effects, it's an entertaining albeit for many will be ridiculous sci-fi action film. A solid, funny script and laugh out loud kills make the 90 minutes worthwhile. Dumb as a post, but certainly likeable.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 3rd August 2012, 04:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Zombies of Mass Destruction

Similar humour to 'Shaun of the Dead', and very much an attack on American morals

Highly recommended, with many laugh out loud moments
Not seen this, but I did watch the hilarious Juan of the Dead the other night, also highly recommended and cheap as chips too(unless you're buying them anywhere near the Olympic village)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:18 PM
Cult Addict

Watched John carter last night. A little sloppy and certainly flawed but more entertaining than I was led to believe. More an admirable failiure of a film than the total rubbish it was made out to be.
Old 3rd August 2012, 05:27 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Ha!

I have seen that so many times!

Krautrock is a passion of mine.
Saw it ages ago,interesting doc.

Only problem I had with it was Tangerine Dream seamed to be a little footnote then quickly move on to Kraftwork.Now I must have around 20 to 30 Tangerine Dream cds so it would have been nice to see something on them.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Switchblade Romance: a quite suspenseful French-language thriller. Quite violent and quite intense and I didn't see the twist coming at all.

Mijn Vriend: a Dutch film, which translates into English as My Friend I believe, about an over confident business man and general jack-the-lad who turns out to be a serial liar, a thief and would-be murderer who ruins the lives of those who believed they were his friends. This was the first film that I've ever watched directed by the late Fons Rademakers. If all of his films are of a similar quality then I look forward to watching the others.

Death Journey: blaxsploitation thriller directed by and starring Fred 'the Hammer' Williamson that was made on next to no budget. I quite enjoyed it, although the extremely repetitive soundtrack doesn't help the film at all.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

BLUE SUNSHINE - Ex hippies join the establishment then go bald and kill after a delayed reaction to some bad acid they dropped 'back in the day'. Zalman King overacts frantically when he gets the blame. It's been a while since I last saw this and my opinion remains pretty much the same ie could've done with a few more bald lunatics doing some killings - however, despite its lack of full on exploitation value it's still deserving of praise on many fronts: for the whackiness of its central premise and the subtle oddness of many scenes, for its neat, faintly Burroughsian satire (the former pusher-man's running for Congress), and for Zalman King, who just looks weird throughout.
MAY - It's been a while since I saw this too, but my opinion of it has changed radically - last time I wasn't that fussed, but now I think it's great. A penetrating and sometimes painful portrait of dysfunction, it knows exactly how to play black comedy off against genuinely perturbing rawness. Some scenes really won't go away after it's over ie. the blind kids who tear May's doll away from her, the Frankensteinian communion at the end. Pretty stunning for a debut as well. I generally like what he's done since, especially 'The Woman', but none of it on reflection quite reaches the same level as 'May' in terms of originality and audacious creepiness.
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just watching stuff at work

SUMMER RENTAL
SUMMER SCHOOL
DEATHWISH 1-3(HORRIBLY CUT)

Like this? Share it using the links below!