Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2012, 08:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Tucker and dale vs evil is excellent. Have that best worst movie doc on troll 2 but haven't watched it yet.
Old 15th August 2012, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Coast Guard

This film is on tartan label and I like just about anything by them,
So I picked this up for a few quid on a blind buy,
A military soldier who a little trigger happy shoots a innocent civilian on wrong side of the line, he then becomes as hated figure for it and gets kicked out,
He doesn't take to this lightly and refuses to go and slowly descends to losing the plot and start turning against them,
It's not the best of films but there a lot worse out there,
worth a watch all the same but just don't expect anything*outstanding,

Watched a programme on itv 13 steps down about a bloke who obsessed with John Christine and how he becomes a murderer,
Its in 2 parts and I highly enjoyed it can't wait for 2nd part next week,
But because of it I got me in the mood to watch ten rillington place so I think I'll watch it sometime over the weekend,
Old 15th August 2012, 08:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post

POINT BREAK (1991)
Possibly the best action film of the 90s and one of the most underrated of that genre.
Vive la différence, eh?

Old 15th August 2012, 08:32 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Vive la différence, eh?

eh?
Old 15th August 2012, 08:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
eh?
I think it's an awful clanger of a film with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. One of the decade's biggest turkeys.
Old 15th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I think it's an awful clanger of a film with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. One of the decade's biggest turkeys.
Hear hear.

True Lies, Speed, Desperado, Face Off, The Last Boy Scout, Hard Boiled, Die Hard 2, Con Air, Cliffhanger, Under Siege, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Universal Soldier, Leon, Mission Impossible, Goldeneye, Ronin, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Waterworld.

All better action films off the top of my head which i prefer to Point Break.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict

THE GREEN LANTERN. Normally I like any old superhero shit but this is just plain boring. Most of it's running time is taken up with nothing in particular, then a quick wham bam ending that left me and the boy and the girl MTDS feeling cheated: we'd sat through so much shite for such a little pay off.
Old 15th August 2012, 10:51 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

The Black Cat (1981) One of the lesser known Fulci films and often considered mediocre. Fulci does an admirable job of conveying a Hammer-esque gothic aesthetic with the authentic British locations and Patrick 'Try the wine' Magee chews the scenery with weird delight. It's also one of Fulci's more straightforward tales as a whole, atypical of his usual style. Despite a few solid set pieces, the narrative was not as memorable nor as striking as anything found in his 'Gates Of Hell' trilogy; often the case with his later work. Watchable enough, at least it wasn't Manhattan Baby.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)
Old 15th August 2012, 11:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
The Black Cat (1981) One of the lesser known Fulci films and often considered mediocre. Fulci does an admirable job of conveying a Hammer-esque gothic aesthetic with the authentic British locations and Patrick 'Try the wine' Magee chews the scenery with weird delight. It's also one of Fulci's more straightforward tales as a whole, atypical of his usual style. Despite a few solid set pieces, the narrative was not as memorable nor as striking as anything found in his 'Gates Of Hell' trilogy; often the case with his later work. Watchable enough, at least it wasn't Manhattan Baby.
'The Black Cat' is one of my fave Fulci flicks - I don't really know why, because it's hardly full throttle like 'The Beyond' etc etc... but there's just something weird about it. Maybe it's the odd choice of setting / location, and the atmospheric but slightly grating handling of such. Also seem to remember he goes overboard with his trademark close ups of eyes in this one, which for some reason I really like.
Old 16th August 2012, 03:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I really enjoyed John Carter. I'll agree it's a bit disjointed but I found it entertaining enough. Not the best film ever made for sure, but I didn't mind it.
I saw it with my brother and he really liked it, thought it was great fun and couldn't understand my numerous criticisms and problems with the film! As so many people avoided it at the cinema, it can hardly be described as a Marmite film, but those who, like you, enjoy it. are probably in the minority.

It's been said many times on these boards, but horses for courses, chacun Ã* son goût (to each his own). It would be very boring world if we all felt exactly the same about everything.

Like this? Share it using the links below!