Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2009, 10:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes thought the children was quite good
Just got round to watching martyrs cracking film any dea how much has been cut from british release. and could some1 tell me a decent site that gives good info on films and how much it cut etc.. all i got it the melon farmers ....thanks
Old 21st July 2009, 11:01 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

martyrs is uncut.
Old 21st July 2009, 11:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Martyrs is uncut over here:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...F?OpenDocument

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st July 2009, 11:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The BBFC are pretty lenient now Gags (Look at the recent passing of Antichrist).Usually only animal cruelty & particularly unpleasant sexual violence that gives them major cause for concern now.
Old 21st July 2009, 07:54 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I just watched Axe its a strange little film. It about three guys who commit murder then hide out in a house they take over inabited by a girl called Lisa and her Grandfather. At first I didnt like it it's extremely slow and I didnt really like the soundtrack. After a while though I found myself kind of hypnotised by it and by the time Lisa started bumping off the intruders I was transfixed. Its has a nightmarish quality and managed to be quite diturbing with minimal blood and gore.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I just watched [/b]Axe[/b] its a strange little film. It about three guys who commit murder then hide out in a house they take over inabited by a girl called Lisa and her Grandfather. At first I didnt like it it's extremely slow and I didnt really like the soundtrack. After a while though I found myself kind of hypnotised by it and by the time Lisa started bumping off the intruders I was transfixed. Its has a nightmarish quality and managed to be quite diturbing with minimal blood and gore.
I'm a big fan of "Axe",like yourself I found myself lulled into the film."Lemora:a Child's Tale of the Supernatural" and "The Child" did the same.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:04 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I have been watching a mixed bag of stuff over the last few days: Lenzi's fun cheese-tastic Nightmare Beach; Odd indy Brit-shlocker Penetration Angst; and tonight: the surreal Mexican wonder Mansion of Madness (from Juan 'Alucarda' Lopez Moctezuma); plus Franco's perverted masterpiece Exorcism.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly
I'm a big fan of "Axe",like yourself I found myself lulled into the film."Lemora:a Child's Tale of the Supernatural" and "The Child" did the same.
I'll have to try and search those out MTDS.

I think its all the elements of Axe, the minimalistic kind of jazzy score, the repative images, the juxtaposition of images, the use of the candle red blood and even the stilted dialouge seem to pull you in with its syren like alure.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I just watched Axe its a strange little film. It about three guys who commit murder then hide out in a house they take over inabited by a girl called Lisa and her Grandfather. At first I didnt like it it's extremely slow and I didnt really like the soundtrack. After a while though I found myself kind of hypnotised by it and by the time Lisa started bumping off the intruders I was transfixed. Its has a nightmarish quality and managed to be quite diturbing with minimal blood and gore.
I too am a fan of Axe. It surprised me on first viewing; I was expecting this gorey, grindhouse trash-fest, but instead it was nice, but strange morbid chiller.
Old 21st July 2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye
I was expecting this gorey, grindhouse trash-fest
Thats exactly what I was expecting especially with the art work in the ILC "Harry Novak Presents AXE" box.

I think I may have to revisit this one soon.

Anyone watched the doc on disc 2? From the description it seems it doesnt have much to do with AXE at all

Like this? Share it using the links below!