Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2012, 06:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Bitch
Really enjoyable Italian crime drama, which Stephanie Beacham fans will love. People ( including me! ) are always asking Arrow to release stuff nobody else has and here they are beating Raro at their own game! Really nice print too.

Night Child ( aka The Cursed Medallion )
Another gem. I really like Dallamano as a director - he's got a style all of his own. Another nice print. These have been two of my favourite Arrow dvd releases for some time.

Keeping on the Dallamano theme, any chance of a BD of Solange?
Old 6th November 2012, 08:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy the horror

I thought after October and watching more horror than i thought was humanly possible,I was all horrored out,but obviously not,could'nt think of anything else to watch so went abit zombie,i must be bored of it all by now surely.
zombielandpostersmall.jpgMPW-14205.jpgdawn_of_the_dead_poster-11265.jpg
Old 7th November 2012, 08:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

STOIC - It seems indisputable that Uwe Boll has made some rubbish films in his time, but he's also directed a handful of at least interesting ones ('Rampage', the ridiculously grim 'Seed'). This is probably the best I've seen of his so far. Based on fact, it explores a case of fatal group dynamics which leads a trio of cons to humiliate and eventually murder their cell mate. I thought it was utterly terrifying in places and, despite having sat through some really repulsive films over the years, still found it a difficult watch overall. The tone never veers from being really depressing, and the atmosphere is as claustrophobic as you would expect from a film set purely in two spaces (one being a cell, the other an interrogation room) whilst the approach seems pitched ambiguously between exploitation and clinical investigation, this being in itself just cause for viewer discomfort given the subject matter. The performances (ie from the likes of Edward Furlong) are all at least believable, which obviously makes a difference.
Old 7th November 2012, 08:21 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sounds very interesting, will check this out. I'm a big fan of The Offence...
Old 7th November 2012, 08:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Sounds very interesting, will check this out. I'm a big fan of The Offence...
'The Offence', gosh that IS a bleak film. I don't think Uwe Boll will ever scale the same heights as Sidney Lumet, but films like 'Stoic show he's certainly capable of making an impact.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 7th November 2012, 08:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

It was a great call-out Frankie, I never seem to stumble across these movies - I certainly have never seen a Uwe Boll film, but this one sounds a world apart from the usual stuff I hear he does...
Old 7th November 2012, 08:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
It was a great call-out Frankie, I never seem to stumble across these movies - I certainly have never seen a Uwe Boll film, but this one sounds a world apart from the usual stuff I hear he does...
I saw it via Lovefilm, which of course is great for checking out stuff you simply wouldn't shell out for as a blind purchase. I also have a soft spot for 'Seed', with its stupidly nihilistic sadism.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:15 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Fully agree! Outside of WRATH OF KAHN, KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS (needs a blu-ray release!) and DEVIL'S RAIN (also needs one) are my two favourite Shatner movies. KINGDOM was re-issued a year or so back in a lovely special edition, great PQ and some interesting extras. The spider wrangler on the movie was certainly a brave fella!!
I'd also recommend checking out these.
Incubus (1966)
The Intruder (1962)
Wes, Demoncrat and keirarts like this.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:21 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
Holy Virgin Versus the Evil Dead is such a fantastic title!

Have you even seen The Comet Strikes Bruno? If so what are you thoughts?
No I haven't seen it.
Is it this one?

Last edited by bdc; 7th November 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 7th November 2012, 09:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I'd also recommend checking out these.
Incubus (1966)
The Intruder (1962)
Yeah, The Intruder is an incredible film. I remember reading about this in Corman's autobiography and he recalls what a dangerous shoot the film was, had it been discovered the film had an anti-racist message. This used to screen on Irish TV years ago as I Hate Your Guts! a less delicate title to be sure but effective nonetheless...

Like this? Share it using the links below!