Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2012, 10:49 PM
Cult Addict

as a ps..

I seem to have a hard time believing Ned is capable of being a tough guy after seeing deliverence.
Old 28th September 2012, 10:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
as a ps..

I seem to have a hard time believing Ned is capable of being a tough guy after seeing deliverence.
He was a mean mutha in Superman.
keirarts and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:08 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Johnny English Reborn....Ok film but I personally am disappointed as I didn't find it very funny.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
Its gotta be a Bad News double bill for sure.
Actually watched Dirty Movie and Susie! I think I've seen the Bad News ones too many times. Actually, there is no such things as too many times but I have watched them in the last month!
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 29th September 2012, 10:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finished the evening with;

Blood of Dracula's Castle (1969)
Chicken Ranch (1983)

and today has started with;

The Black Torment (1964)

I think I might put my cold to one side and booze heavily so lot's of Jeremy Beadle related watching tonight
Prince_Vajda likes this.
Old 29th September 2012, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Very well said Prince V the crow is an outstanding movie. Can't say anymore really. Anyone
any feelings on the crow stairway to heaven tv series? After the first one or two episodes I wasn't sure whether or not i'd like the series,but I stuck with it and by the time i'd finished
watching it all I really loved it. Mark Dacascos is no Brandon Lee,but he did a pretty good job
of portraying Eric Draven. Didn't like the movie sequels too much,though I like the soundtrack to the crow part three. Nice DVD steelbook of the crow from Germany,anyone have it?
Old 29th September 2012, 12:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have recently watched THE KRAYS for the 1st time ever and found it to have a low budget made for TV look about it. Its a very good film

For some kick arse brain turned off action I recently watched THE SCORPION KING (THE ROCK) and THE CRUEL DEEP (ROB LOWE) and surprisingly I found this film very good for a low budget Under Siege wannabe.
Old 29th September 2012, 03:07 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

And Soon the Darkness (2010)

Everything that is wrong with modern horror is encompassed in this film. A lazy formulaic script and two stars who should have stayed at home. In fact the cast of Amber Heard and Odette Yustman is just wrong. They play two girls on a cycling holiday around the mountainous regions of Argentina. The only problem being that neither girl looks to have ever ridden a bycycle before, neither has the slightest bit of muscle tone in their calves, in fact Yustman is positively skinny.

I'm not normally averse to two pretty girls heading a horror film cast, but in the case of these two its a waste of time. The films lack of seediness, nudity, violence and general exploitation makes it a pointless venture that has no appeal to anyone.

The script is woeful at best. When the girls arrive at their lodgings they make a point of moaning that they will have to catch an 8am bus the next morning. In the next scene they are in the local watering hole downing shots and beer and generally being dim teenagers.

The original film from 1970 had an air of nervous, almost erotic tension to it. Once one of the girls goes missing that was it, you don't see her again. Due to its star cast, Yustman who is kidnapped is still seen throughout the film in struggles with her captors, taking the edge and mystery away completely and turning it into a run of the mill thriller that goes nowhere fast.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg and_soon_the_darkness.jpg (89.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 29th September 2012, 03:14 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
And Soon the Darkness (2010)

Everything that is wrong with modern horror is encompassed in this film. A lazy formulaic script and two stars who should have stayed at home. In fact the cast of Amber Heard and Odette Yustman is just wrong. They play two girls on a cycling holiday around the mountainous regions of Argentina. The only problem being that neither girl looks to have ever ridden a bycycle before, neither has the slightest bit of muscle tone in their calves, in fact Yustman is positively skinny.

I'm not normally averse to two pretty girls heading a horror film cast, but in the case of these two its a waste of time. The films lack of seediness, nudity, violence and general exploitation makes it a pointless venture that has no appeal to anyone.

The script is woeful at best. When the girls arrive at their lodgings they make a point of moaning that they will have to catch an 8am bus the next morning. In the next scene they are in the local watering hole downing shots and beer and generally being dim teenagers.

The original film from 1970 had an air of nervous, almost erotic tension to it. Once one of the girls goes missing that was it, you don't see her again. Due to its star cast, Yustman who is kidnapped is still seen throughout the film in struggles with her captors, taking the edge and mystery away completely and turning it into a run of the mill thriller that goes nowhere fast.
Holy shit, this was close... sooner or later, every film with Amber Heard ends up on my "to-buy- list".
Thanks for the "warning", pal!

Greetings!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th September 2012, 03:46 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Holy shit, this was close... sooner or later, every film with Amber Heard ends up on my "to-buy- list".
Thanks for the "warning", pal!

Greetings!
If it makes any difference, I thought it was pretty good!

Like this? Share it using the links below!