Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
????

Thats a Connery one.
Live and let die doh!
Old 15th January 2013, 08:07 AM
Cult Addict

TRAILER PARK BOYS.

Comedy genius, the boys get out of prison (again) and decide to start ripping off loose change, all the while Ricky must try and win back lucy whose become a lap dancer, and julian has fallen for one of her co-workers. The pair and their buddy bubbles must also contend with mr lahey (as drunk as ever) and cheesburger eating randy. Probably the best £1.99 I ever spent in a charity shop!
Old 15th January 2013, 11:12 AM
Cult Rookie

k5Dhe.jpg
Old 15th January 2013, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Recent viewings ,I was in a ''rare animated movies from around the world'' mood
1)This is my first Bava ever and I quite enjoyed it,2)great picture quality,very good extras,3)I found this so so,maybe a second viewing will change that,4)zombie ,low budget ,animated movie with the most unlikely hero:an elderly man with a walker in search of new shoes! 5)6)two animated movies from Hungary based on folklore tales ,the first one is the first Hungarian animated feature ever made ,the animation in both is very beautiful,7)animated movie from Cuba about the battle between the American and the East European vampires for the potion that allows vampires to be able to live under the rays of the sun,very funny! 8)the sequel takes place during WW2 and adds nazis in the search of the potion,9)animation from Czechoslovakia that tells the story of Lady Bathory,the animation is not greart,but overall is very interesting,10)a very good ,animated, Star Wars rip-off from the 80's ,11)this is consindered one of the best animated movies of France and took 30 years to be made,12)classic war film with an amazing cast,13)a dramedy directed by Anne Bancroft and stars Dom DeLuise as a overweight man who struggles to lose weight and also to find the love of his life,14)independent film about growing up ,based on a comic,from the director of Crumb,15)I found Seth MacFarlane's funny in some moments but in all not that great,16)a very good political thriller with great cast
Old 15th January 2013, 01:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Eden Lake - genuinely scary and unnerving due to its portrayal of violence. Does the whole violence begets violence thing and nice people turning hostile for survival really well with a neat nod to Last House on the Left at the end. I didn't find the politics of it too problematic but I guess I chose not to believe that the filmmarkers were implying the gang and their family were representative of their class (although the overwhelmingly positive Daily Mail review is concerning). Bleak ending too and I still don't think I'm forgiven by my girlfriend for watching it with her yesterday

Jackie Brown - still one of my favourite Tarantino films and the only one with characters you really care about. Even at two and a half hours it doesn't outstay its welcome and the twisty-turny plot is fantastically written. Some excellent long shots in it too especially the execution of Beaumont and the tracking shots in the mall near the end.
Old 15th January 2013, 03:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
TRAILER PARK BOYS.

Comedy genius, the boys get out of prison (again) and decide to start ripping off loose change, all the while Ricky must try and win back lucy whose become a lap dancer, and julian has fallen for one of her co-workers. The pair and their buddy bubbles must also contend with mr lahey (as drunk as ever) and cheesburger eating randy. Probably the best £1.99 I ever spent in a charity shop!
Bubbles for president!! nice find btw.
keirarts likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th January 2013, 03:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
Recent viewings ,I was in a ''rare animated movies from around the world'' mood
1)This is my first Bava ever and I quite enjoyed it,2)great picture quality,very good extras,3)I found this so so,maybe a second viewing will change that,4)zombie ,low budget ,animated movie with the most unlikely hero:an elderly man with a walker in search of new shoes! 5)6)two animated movies from Hungary based on folklore tales ,the first one is the first Hungarian animated feature ever made ,the animation in both is very beautiful,7)animated movie from Cuba about the battle between the American and the East European vampires for the potion that allows vampires to be able to live under the rays of the sun,very funny! 8)the sequel takes place during WW2 and adds nazis in the search of the potion,9)animation from Czechoslovakia that tells the story of Lady Bathory,the animation is not greart,but overall is very interesting,10)a very good ,animated, Star Wars rip-off from the 80's ,11)this is consindered one of the best animated movies of France and took 30 years to be made,12)classic war film with an amazing cast,13)a dramedy directed by Anne Bancroft and stars Dom DeLuise as a overweight man who struggles to lose weight and also to find the love of his life,14)independent film about growing up ,based on a comic,from the director of Crumb,15)I found Seth MacFarlane's funny in some moments but in all not that great,16)a very good political thriller with great cast

As always, an excellent use of your time, and Twitch of the Death Nerve is a great "intro" to Bava imo.
sawyer6 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th January 2013, 05:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Eden Lake - genuinely scary and unnerving due to its portrayal of violence. Does the whole violence begets violence thing and nice people turning hostile for survival really well with a neat nod to Last House on the Left at the end. I didn't find the politics of it too problematic but I guess I chose not to believe that the filmmarkers were implying the gang and their family were representative of their class (although the overwhelmingly positive Daily Mail review is concerning). Bleak ending too and I still don't think I'm forgiven by my girlfriend for watching it with her yesterday

Jackie Brown - still one of my favourite Tarantino films and the only one with characters you really care about. Even at two and a half hours it doesn't outstay its welcome and the twisty-turny plot is fantastically written. Some excellent long shots in it too especially the execution of Beaumont and the tracking shots in the mall near the end.
I agree with you on both counts as Eden Lake is one of the most gruelling British horror films of recent years and a compelling watch. I haven't yet seen Django Unchained, but Jackie Brown is Tarantino's best film for most of the reasons you stated above.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 15th January 2013, 06:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Last night I watched West of Memphis.
The documentary on the West Memphis 3 murders.

Very interesting and well made doc! I used to follow the story quite well but over the course of making the film and new trail I lost track and this was done well in how the first 45 mins was a intro into what happened back in 1993 and then it goes onto the trail and then the new trail on freeing the wrongly accused. Now some people still think they were guilty but I am not one of those people.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th January 2013, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched a couple of episodes of due south now watching return of the living dead.

Like this? Share it using the links below!