Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2013, 06:50 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Indeed Just read a review and checked out the prices on amazon . . .
Why?

Don't you believe what Frankie said about the film?

Did you need another opinion?
Old 19th January 2013, 06:51 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Only kidding SJ.

I'm in a good mood.
Old 19th January 2013, 07:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I took a trip to France and stopped at a few castles along the way.

Redemption's blu ray's are wonderful! Certainly an improvement over anything I've ever seen.
Old 19th January 2013, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Broke my foot at Karate last night so been A&E last night getting it plaster casted. As such had a (sadly to) lazy morning watching a few back catalogue BD's. SF Halloween 2 and 3 first, bloody amazing is what they are. Might move my copy of Terror Train and They Live slightly higher up now. Then came MIB3, after the dissapointment of the second film this re-nevigorated my love for the original as a child. Will Smith is hilarious in this ("Just co's you see a black guy driving a fancy car doesn't mean it's stolen!...well I DID steal that one but...) and Boris is a suitably ugly alien. Clever bit of scene making when all the aliens scene in the 60's are suitably retro.
MIB3 was great, much better than the second one. I loved the way they managed to work a backstory for K in without contadicting the original. And Josh Brolin was perfect for the young K.
Sorry to hear about your foot fella, but at least you got an excuse to sit and watch some films hey.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 19th January 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watching the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy(tv series not the film). After I've finished will listen to the radio show.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Kindred (1987). Great 80 VHS Creature Feature, which I assume is relatively unknown. 2 bad cause its honestly up there with From Beyond. Great fun. Bad ass creature effects and design. 9/10. PLZ ARROW RELEASE THIS!
Old 19th January 2013, 08:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
The Kindred (1987). Great 80 VHS Creature Feature, which I assume is relatively unknown. 2 bad cause its honestly up there with From Beyond. Great fun. Bad ass creature effects and design. 9/10. PLZ ARROW RELEASE THIS!
Great film had completely forgot about this little gem until you reminded me.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:55 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
The Kindred would be a great Arrow release. Its been years since i last watched it.

Both these would look great in the slip case panels.

download.jpg images.jpg
Old 19th January 2013, 09:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
The Kindred would be a great Arrow release. Its been years since i last watched it.

Both these would look great in the slip case panels.

Attachment 97421 Attachment 97422
Especially since it has never had a single DVD release. If Arrow could clean up a available print then we could see, for example see the creature in all its glory. The version i just watched was clearly from a VHS copy. Still kicked ass though.
trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 19th January 2013, 10:00 PM
Cult Addict

CARNIVAL OF SOULS.

Shot by industrial/commercial film-maker Herk Harvey on a shoestring budget with a cast of unknowns in Kansas and utah, carnival of souls was not a big hit on its release. Owing more to arthouse films like orphee than its drive-in contemporaries seeing this film on its first run must have been a bizarre experience. The film is a strange, at times surreal and otherworldly experience and uses one great location, an abandoned fun fair on a salt lake to amazing effect. The film also uses a plot twist now severley overwoked, but at the time was probably a lot more fresh. The network dvd release is great, uncut and has an interesting kim newman and stephen jones commentary track. Though if you have the cash theres a two disc version released stateside released by criterion thats going for about £19.

Like this? Share it using the links below!